The University of Houston will be the host site of the Republican presidential primary debate on Thursday, Feb. 25, at Moores Opera House. Due to the morning and afternoon preparations for the debate, mail pickup and delivery services to the Arts District and a portion of the Athletics District will be suspended that day.
The following Arts and Athletics District buildings will not have mail pickup or delivery on Feb. 25:
- Moores School of Music/Moores Opera House
- Fine Arts Building
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts/Wortham Theater
- Jack J. Valenti School of Communication
- Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture
- Athletics/Alumni Center
If faculty and staff in these buildings have any standard outgoing mail that must go out on Thursday, have a staff member drop it off by 3 p.m. to UH Postal Services in the General Services Building at 4211 Elgin. If you have any bulk mail that must go out on Thursday, please contact UH Postal Services at 713-743-5840 for assistance.
Also, due to preparations for the debate, buildings in the Central District north of Entrance 14 may experience delays in mail service on Feb. 25. This includes the following buildings:
- Houston Science Center
- Science & Research 1
- Science & Research 2
- Science & Engineering Classroom Building
- Science & Engineering Research Center
- Student Center Satellite
- Graduate College of Social Work
- Agnes Arnold Hall
- Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall
Normal mail services will resume on Friday, Feb. 26.
For questions, contact UH Printing and Postal Services at 713-743-5840.