Students who need help with textbook expenses should consider applying for a $400 loan for the fall semester. The loan can only be used for textbooks at the UH Bookstore located in the Student Center South.
To apply for a textbook loan, students should follow these easy steps:
- Log into AccessUH
- Select the myUH icon
- Select "Student Financials"
- Select "Optional Fees"
- Select the term for the loan
- Select the magnifying glass icon on the book loan row Choose BKLOAN under "Valid Value"
- Click "Save"
Once requested, the funds will be available at the UH Bookstore within a couple of hours.
To use the loan, students should:
- Visit the UH Bookstore in the Student Center South
- Gather necessary textbooks and go to the checkout counter
- Mention to the cashier they have a textbook loan
- The cashier will scan the books and ask for a student ID number and Cougar Card
- A receipt slip just like a credit card purchase and a purchase receipt will be given
The $400 loans are available until 5 p.m., Friday, Sept. 9. They must be used no later than Monday, Sept. 19. Please note that there will be a $5 service charge fee. The loan will appear on the next fee bill and is subject to the standard payment terms and conditions.