University of Houston Dining Services and Student Housing and Residential Life will continue last year's tradition by continuing to host "What's Cooking Coogs," an interactive cooking show for campus residents.
Students last year attended a series of episodes where they learned how to cook recipes like blackened fish and meatloaf.
This semester the program is geared toward educating students on healthy cooking techniques they can use throughout college and once they graduate.
"Each episode will feature a new chef," UH Dining Services Dietitian Sarah Feye said. "In addition, each episode will have a nutrition emphasis while still focusing on college-staple recipes. We have also themed episodes on common nutrition issues in college. For example, one episode is about making a healthy breakfast, a meal many students currently skip."
UH Dining will continue to give away recipe cards and free prizes to the first 30 attendees. Students who attend all six episodes will be entered in a drawing to win a free gift basket packed with cooking essentials.
Students can expect a hands-on experience, delicious food, tips on improving health, fun, prizes, and a nice getaway from studying.
Here is the schedule for the semester. All take place from 7 to 8 p.m.:
- Sept. 23 — Breakfast Essentials at Real Food on Campus at Cougar Woods
- Oct. 21 — Going Lean & Green at Calhoun Lofts Lobby
- Oct. 28 — Halloween Desserts Done Right at Cougar Village II Lobby
- Nov. 11 — The Skinny on Super Foods at The Fresh Food Company in Moody Towers
- Nov. 18 — C-Store Snacks at Moody Towers Lobby
- Dec. 2 — Healthy for the Holidays at The Fresh Food Company in Moody Towers
Check out the past events at HousingUH YouTube channel.