As we have discussed in class, I am interested in conducting a research
project comparing different methods of teaching Physical Geology;
specifically, to compare students participating in an on-line class to those
enrolled in a traditional class. I will be using your responses to the
questions below for education and publication purposes, however you will
never be personally identified - your identity will remain anonymous. It
should take approximately 10 minutes to respond to the questions. While
there are no forseeable risks or benefits to you, this research may provide
information to enhance the instruction of geology. If you have any questions, please contact me at(713) 743-3411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding your rights as a human
subject, please contact the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects
at (713) 743-9204.
The course is nearly half over and I am curious as to your evaluation of the resources that are available.
Click on the answer bar to see the choices.
As soon as I record a "tick mark" by your SSN, I will remove the SSN from the survey. Your responses will not influence your grade in the course.
If for some reason you can not transmit this response, print out the questions, answer them and put the responses in my mail box in room 312 Science Research.
I am in the _____ section
Last Four Digits of SSN :
To submit your responses, press this button:
- This semester I am taking _______ hours at this campus.
- I work approximately ______ hours per week.
- When did you first think about going to college?
- How many years of science courses did you take in high school (9-12)?
- Have you received credit for College Algebra (or a more advanced course in Mathematics)?
Please select your first choice for qualities of a teacher that are most important to you.
Please select your second choice for qualities of a teacher that are most important to you.
Grades should be primarily based on _________.
What do you think should be a reasonable average grade among students in a college- or university-level course?
- Most faculty believe that you should study at least 3 hours per week for each hour you spend in class. Realistically, how much time (on average) do you spend per week studying for a 3 hour course?
- Because college students have a basic right to succeed, achievement should not be made difficult.
- I Am the consumer who pays the bills, and so my professor should be mostly responsible for making sure that I learn and receive my money's worth.
- I enjoy reading and often read for pleasure.
- Does the Internet enhance your learning environment in this course (as compared with courses without an Internet component)?
- Had you used the Internet before this course?
- Are you using the Internet for another course this semester?
- Please add any other comments that you would like to make about the course.
To reset the form, press this button: