At a monthly meeting 11th December 1773 Jacob Vanmetre chosen Deacon John Vantrees to Praise the Psalm David Henton to Keep the Records. The fryday Before the Second Sabbath in Feb'y to Be Church Meeting again. The Saturday to be Preparation Day Before Communion
February 11, 1774
Then Met according to Appointment and Elias Gerrard was Chose Ruling elder and ______ Communion'd on the Sabbath in general and appointed Church Meeting on the 8th day of April
Friday, April 8, 1774
Met according to appointment and proceeded to business as follows, Aconsidered an accusation Brought against Brother Underwood for Drinking to Excess, which we have Cited to a Next Church Meeting on friday Before the 2nd Sabbath in June Sister Ives accus'd of Speaking Rashly and c---
Fryday, 13th January 1775 (No Meetings by Reason of War)
Met and agreed that Brother Underwood decline communion till next Monthly Meeting·also that Sister Ives is Suspended Till next Communion
Fryday 10th March 1775
Then Met according to appointment, and agreed that Brother Underwood still decline communion Also Sister Ives rec'd into our Communion·the Church having chose Brother Jno Gerrard Ruling Elder, proceeded to business·Brother Gerrard chosen Moderator. A matter relating to Sister Vantrees and Rebeckah Rawlins, brough on ------ as follows ----- Sister Vantrees having contradicted Becky Rawlings in some words which she said, relating to Elias Gerrard. but being convinc'd of that Elias Gerrard said the words though not in her hearing, has so far acknoledged herself in the wrong. But not allowing she spoke in the manner some apprehended her to speak yet undecided church meeting second Sabbath in May.
Fryday 12th May 1775
Met according to appointment and rec'd Brother Corbly into our church by a letter of dismision from Mill Creek Church and Chose Moderator·Brother Underwood still continued till next meeting·A meeting appointed at Goshen for Ordaination Fast held on the same by the church and on Saturday the 10th June 1775 our Brother John Corbley was ordained over us by brother James Sutton and Isaac Sutton·rec'd the right hand of Fellowship as our pastor·and Brother James Sutton dismissed from us delivering up the charge and pastoral care to our Brother Corbly·Same time also agreed that our Brother John Corbly go assist Brother Isaac Sutton to constitute a Church at Sand Creek Glades on wednesday the 14th of June and Ordain our Brother Barnet over them if required·Met according to the above appointment·and constituted the church consisting of Nine Members but no ordination was performed
Resolved that as it may tend to the Glory of God and advancement of Our Redeemers Kingdom we have thought proper that Quarterly Meetings be held this side of Laurel Hill and the first to begin on the second Saturday in September at Laurel Hill Meeting House where the ministers in general are to meet·Agreed that at Whitely Creek the Last Sunday in June the Ordinancy of Baptism be administered accordingly was performed and the following persons was baptized to wit James Moredock, James Crooks, Moses Taylor and Ann Tylor (Tyler?)
Agreed that the last Sabbath in July be our Communion Season and that Friday before church business be done Met according to appointment and rec'd Brother Underwood into Fellowship Next rec'd David Evans and Mary his wife by letter and Brother Evans chosen Deacon
Met and proceeded to business when a letter of dismission was given to---
Met according to appointment but no business material was transacted
January 26, 1776
Met according to appointment and proceeded to business first received Brother James Mundle and Margaret his wife into fellowship by letter
March 29th 1776
Met according to appointment and proceeded to business agreed that Sister Mary Wise decline communion
Met according to appointment Brother Corbly and Brother Eastwood appointed to cite Sister Ives to our Next Monthly Meeting
Agreed that church meetings be altered holding them for future the Saturday before the preparation for communion· ary Ives (Ivers)
excommunicated George Morris and William Crawford baptized and received into Goshen Church about the year 1776 (added later)
Met according to appointment on Saturday the 18th of September and proceeded to business. First agreed by the voice of the church that Brother Jacob Vanmetre take his seat in the house of God as formerly. Agreed by voice of the majority of the Church that Brother Alexander Briant/Bryant to be under censure for his not complying with the request of the Church. We gave unto our beloved Brother Jacob Vanmetre, John Garard, John Ventrees, John Eastwood, Joseph Eastwood, John Gated, Isaac Dye, David Henton, Abraham Vanmetre, Jacob Vanmetre Junior, Rebecca Vantrees, Letitia Vanmetre, Hannah Dye, Mary Underwood, Mary Henton, Bambo and Dinah letters of dismission according to their request. We gave unto our beloved Brethren John Corbly and Elizabeth Corbly, his wife, Hannah Eastwood letters of dismission agreeable to their request.
Met according to appointment January 29, 1780. First agreed by the voice of the Church unanimously that Brother Benjamin Sutton be laid under censure for taking of hogs that was none of his property. Second agreed by the voice of the Church that Brother Alexander Briant take his seat in the house of God as he stood the 24 of July in the year 1779. Third agreed by the majority of the Church that Hannah Garard is laid under censure for her misbehavior namely for committing adultery.
Met by appointment February 26, 1780. First agreed by the majority of the Church that Hannah Gerrard be excommunicated for the above crime.
30 October 1784
Agreed to send a letter to James Sutton to come down next church meeting to discuss cause whereby he is grieved.
29 November 1784
Agreed to hold our next meeting at Bro Corbly's house.
25 December 1784
Received Bro Abraham Coult (?Covalt) and his wife Lois by letter and cut off J Eastwood for his continual wickedness.
26 March 1785
Agreed to offer Bro Corbly seventy five pounds for one year for three sabbaths a month to attend equal at Whitely and Muddy Creek to be paid one fourth part in money.
24 April 1785
Business respecting Bro Corbly referred to next meeting to send a letter to John Garard respecting Whitely Meeting House.
7 May 1785
Bro Corbly's request was satisfied with his attending two sabbaths a month for the present. Bro Crawford and Bro Clark to raise Psalms and Bro Corbley's attending us to be equally divided in every respect between Muddy Creek and Whitely Meeting House.
25 June 1785 Agreed that Saturday before communion to be held a day of worship. 30 June 1785
Received Henry Jackson and his wife, Justus Garard and Sarah Clark by baptism.
27 August 1785 Received Thomas Bowin, Joseph Martin, Elizabeth Frazey, and Mary Hudson by baptism and Nancy Corbly. 23 September 1785
Received Joseph Fraizey, Rebecca Edwards, Mary Linn, Pleasant Johnson, Mary Gates and Rachel his wife (?) Mary Crosley and Joseph Dunn and his wife Dinah Dunn by letter.
8 September 1785
Received by baptism William Burk, Azariah Daves, Isaac Garard, Margaret Morris, Rachel Garard, and Jemima Burk also agreed a letter of recommendation down to Cain tuck unto Ellek Brian on his request.
29 October 1785
Received John Guthry, John Garard, Jan Jones, and Druzilley Nap/?Knapp by baptism.
26 November 1785
Received Hercules Turner, Henry Johnston, John Nap, Ame Turner, Elizabeth Davis, and Ann Dawson
24 December 1785
Received Bro Daniel Hillman by letter Bro Robert Jones and Brother Jonathan Morris chosen Deacons to assist Bro Mordock in the business of the church.
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz. Received Robert McKinney by baptism. Sister Rachel Garard received into fellowship and privileges of the Church again. Elenor Mundle received by baptism.
Met at Whitely meetinghouse to determine whether Brother Daniel Cleark should be licensed to go out and preach or not. Resolved in the negative. Also proceeded further to business and received seven to baptism viz Abner Mundle, John Heart/Hart, Jonathan Mundle, Andrew Mundle, Paul Hahn, Mary and Micheal Hahn. Received Esther (Easter) McKinney the next day.
DAR library copy p 18, black numbers
Absom Milner suspended communion til the Church see further. Brother Mordock to cite John Hart and Jonathan Mundle for not attending monthly meeting. Hannah Garard restored to her seat again. Brother Robert Jones appointed to cite Micheal Hahn to out next monthly meeting to shew cause for his non attendance likewise Received Sarah Brown for baptism.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business. Received for baptism Rolin Hughs, Susanna Hughs and Sarah Johnson Dis. Brother Jones reported that Micheal Hahn could not attend this day. Brother Jonathan Mundle appeared and acknowledged his fault. Brother John Heart/Hart appeared and acknowledged he had played fiddle twice. The Church think proper that John Heart/Hart be suspended Communion tomorrow. Brother Prices the Church hearing of Brother Price's misconduct think it proper that he should be suspended communion on the morrow. Brother Azariah Davis to cite Joseph Dunn to appear before the Church.
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Considered further the Affair of William Birt and unanimously agreed that he be cut off from the fellowship of this Church. Likewise considered John Naps affair and agreed that he be cut off from the fellowship of this Church. Likewise recd Phebe Masters by Letter from the Scotch plains in New Jersey.
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Signed subscriptions for making fires and repairing chimneys and graveyard
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Concluded that Brother Clark preach before the Church on Saturday nineteenth of January and they either give him license or to silence him. The Church met according to the appointment of Brother Clark preached and the majority agreed to give him license.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Gave Brother Daniel Clark license to go out and preach the gospel.
Met at Whitely at a solemn meeting and further called up Brother Corbly unanimously to be our minister to which he agreed. Also appointed Friday 22 instant on occasional meeting at Muddy Creek. Also there were no disputes or matters of contention or controversies to be brought before the Church on the day of monthly meeting before the Communion, but that day to be kept and preparatory for the ensuing day.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Brother Henry Johnson laid under censure of the Church for being in Licker, Brother Jonathan Morris to cite Brother Johnson to come to our next meeting. Brother Robert Mickeny called before the Church on account of misconduct and speaking bad language for which he is laid under the censure of the Church. David Price suspended from the privilege of the Church for misconduct at Squire Minor's. Brother Andrew Dye laid under censure of the Church for misconduct at Squire Vanmatres viz quarreling. Brother Elias Garard is to cite Brother John Heart/Hart to our next meeting of business.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Brother Joseph Dunn for being seen Sunday intoxicated with Licker and not coming before the church when cited by laid under censure of the chrch. Appointed Brother Hinkle and Bowen to cite Brother Jeriah Gustin and his son Benajah to come to the church at Muddy Creek the Saturday before the fourth Sunday in June. Likewise Brother Jones to cite Sister Dason to come the same day. Brother David Price restored to his seat.
4 or 5/1788
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Agreed to cite Sister Sarah Hill to come to our next meeting of business the Saturday before last Lord's day in July to satisfy the church further concerning her marriage. Brother Azariah Davis and Jesse Vanmetre to cite her to come. Brother Jeremiah Gustin and his son Benajah appear before the Church and gave a general satisfaction for their conduct with Levi Martin. Brother John Ross restored to his seat. Brother Robert Jones, Jo's Fraizy, Elias Garard, Dan'l Clark, Jeremiah Gustin, David Price to meet at Brother Frazee on Wednesday next settle a matter betwixt Brother George Morris and Elijah Moore.
Received Hezia Dunning for baptism. The next day being communion season Joseph Drake was received by letter from Scotch plains in East New Jersey.
Being Lord's day received by baptism at Bennet Rynehearts, Sarah Hathaway, Ruth Sayers, Mary Stuart, Lydia Rush
Being Lord's day received Solomon Lines/Lyons by baptism at Whitely
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Received Jacob Rush and William Smalley for baptism. A report brought to the Church by the Brothers appointed to hear the affair between Brother Elijah Moore and George Morris. Namely Robert Jones, Joseph Fraizey, Elias Garard, Daniel Clark, Jeremiah Gustin, David Price. The Church concluded that Brother Morris keep his place in the Church and Sarah Hill appeared before the Church but gave no real satisfaction. The Church referred the matter to the next meeting for business. Brother Azariah Davis to cite Joseph Dunn to come to our next meeting for business. Brother Robert Jones and Brother Joseph Martin chosen to raise hymns.
Met at Muddy Creek/Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz. Negro Jane/ Brother Moore's affair to stand as it is, only Brother Moore to decline communion. Brother Jo'h Dunn's to be continue as he is Association letter to be prepared. Brother Jones, Brother Frazer, Brother Jon'n Morris, Brother Corbly and Mordock Messengers. Brother Price to prepare the letter
Met at Whitely it being communion season and received five for baptism viz Thomas Roach, Joseph Gibbins, Elizabeth Gibbins, Mary Pratt and Caterol Devol
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Appointed Brother Lewis Williams, Brother Robert Jones, and Brother Guthery to go over the River and talk with Micheal Hahn concerning his absenting himself from our society and make report to our next monthly meeting for business. The Church agreed to give letter of dismission to Brothers Monroe, Hillman, Milner, and Sister Pratt. Received Stephen Woodruff by letter.
Met and proceeded to business viz. Brother Robert McKinney after making and acknowledgement to the Church satisfactory was restored to his former standing and took his place. C Shoemaker received by baptism.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Baley Johnson laid under the censure of the Church, likewise Brother Joseph Drake is to cite Sister Hail to the next monthly meeting there to be admonished before the Church. Likewise agreed to excommunicate Joseph Dunn persisting in the sin of drunkenness and Brother Mordock to acquaint him there with and notify him so that if he has any defense to make to come to the next meeting for business ie the third Saturday in February and N. B. The said Baily Johnson is censured for spreading scandalous lieing reports against Sister Hail in order to defame her character.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Brother And' Die/Dye restored to his seat and fellowship again agreed to give four letters dismission viz to Brother Rolin Hughes and his wife and Brother William Garard and his wife. The next day received John Miller by letter.
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Considered request of Brother John Miller for the privilege to improve his gifts for the ministry and agreed for him to make improvement on the third Saturday in April at 10 o'clock. Agreed to give Sister McDowl a letter of dismission.
Met at Whitely according to appointment. Heard Brother John Miller improvement in the ministry. A majority was against his further trying at. Likewise the Church from the report of Brother Robert Jones, Jo's Frazee, Ross Crosely, Jeremiah Gustin concerning to Brother George Morris and Elijah Moore be laid under the censure of the Church. Likewise the Church agreed that Sarah Hill be excommunicated. Likewise agreed that Mary Shipman have a letter of dismission. Likewise Brother Joseph Martin to cite Dorjor to come to next meeting of business at Muddy Creek last Saturday in May.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Laid Brother John Miller under censure of the Church for speaking reproachfully and contempting the Church.
Met at Muddy Creek and proceeded to business as follows. Appointed Brother Robert Jones to cite Brother Andrew Dye to come to our meeting for business. Agreed for church to unanimously meet at next church meeting to consider a matter of importance concerning Sister Elizabeth Davis.
Being Sunday received Mary Myers for baptism the ordinance administered the same day.
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Heard Sister Dosson/Dawson and postponed it to the next monthly meeting for further evidence and Brother Lewis Williams to go to Mr John Wilson's and inquire into the matter and report to the next meeting for business. The Church agreed that Brother Andrew Dye by laid under censure of the Church for swearing. Considered the important affair of Sister Elizabeth Davis and postponed until next monthly meeting. Agreed to call for help from several sister churches.
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Appointed Brother John Corbly, Levi Harrod, James Mordock, Jonathan Morris, Azariah Davis, Charles Anderson, and brother Robert Jones Messengers to the Association at Great Bethel and Brother David Price to prepare the letter. An affair between Brother John Guthery and Brother Hinkle to be brought before the Church the next meeting. Agreed to request. Sister Elizabeth Davis to decline communion til the Church inquire into the truth of her having another husband. On refusal the Church agrees to use their authority. Brother Jones and Brother Mordock to acquaint her with the same.
Received Eli Mundle, Leah Hughs and Margaret Heart/Hart for baptism.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Resolved the Church be unanimously urged to meet on account of Brother Dye. Likewise that Brother Covalt cite Brother Dye that he may appear. Likewise also Brother Hinkle and Brother Guthery appear before the Church their affair heard concluded to make furth trial to settle by themselves. Likewise Brother Drake to cite John Miller to come to next monthly meeting to shew reasons why he contempts the Church's authority.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment. Brother Dye appeared offered some things in order to satisfy the Church who being few of them together thought proper to postpone the matter til next monthly meeting.
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Gave letters of dismission to Abraham Covalt and Lois, his wife, Lydia Hinkle, Rhoda Huchans, Jemima Wellington. Agreed that Brother Corbly, Brother Mordock and Brother Ross Crosley go to Benjamin Wrights and inquire into the truth of what he knows concerning the affair between Mrs Hail and Baley Johnson. Likewise George Morris to cite Baley Johnson to come to the next montly meeting. A motion was again made to cut off Brother Dye approved by four members. Likewise Brother Crosley to cite Brother Benajah Gustin to come to the next monthly meeting.
Met and proceeded to business as follows. Resolved by the unanimous voice of the Church that Brother Andrew Dye should be excommunicated.
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz Unanimously agreed to cut John Miller for the privilege of the Church. Brother Benjah Gustin appeared before the Church and satisfied the Church.
Met at Whitely according to appointment and proceeded to business viz. Unanimously agreed to cut John Miller for the privilege of the Church. Brother Benjah Gustin appeared before the Church and satisfied the Church.
DAR copy hand numbered in red p 24
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz. The Church appointed Brother Ross Crosley, Brother Joseph Frazee, and Justice Garard, Brother Jonathan Morris to examine into a complaint made against Eli Mundle for bad conduct and singing vulgar songs and to cite him to come to the next monthly meeting where they are to make a report. Likewise agreed to give letters of dismission to Brother Elias Garard and his wife William Smalley and Rachel Knight and Sarah Bowen.
Met according to appointment and proceeded to business viz. Appointed Brother Justus Garard to cite Brother Eli Mundle to come to the next monthly meeting. Brother Mundle appeared the same day. The Church from hearing his relation think it proper to continue him under admonishment for a season til something more satisfactory appear.
Met according to appointment and proceeded to business viz. Brother Mordock and Brother Andrewson to cite Sister Dunn and Brother Roch to attend the next monthly meeting to give reason for their non-attendance at meetings for business. Likewise Brother Cleark to cite Brother Lewis Williams to attend the same time to shew reason for the same. Brother George Morris and Jacob Fraizy to cite Baly Johnson to attend the next monthly meeting. Brother Henry Johnson laid under censure of the Church for drinking to excess.
Met at Muddy Creek according to appointment and proceeded to business viz. The Church agreed that if Brother Lewis Williams, Thomas Roach and Sister Dinah Dunn (Being Seven Day people) are either to be conformable to the order of the First Day Baptist or to take letters of dismission to their own order. Likewise Brother Clark to cite Brother John Guthery and his wife to come to the next monthly to give reason for their not attending at monthly meeting. Likewise Brother Robert Jones to cite Jonathan Mundle for the same. Likewise received Brother John Miller into the fellowship of the Church again.
25 December 1790
John Hart laid under censure for walking disorderly and not attending his place when called on
. July 30, 1791
Met at Whitely rec'd Hannah Long for baptism request from John Miller, desirous of becoming a preacher had been dismissed (by letter) from this church appt'd Bro Jos't Gustin to talk with Sarah Luzardo
August 27, 1791
Met and rec'd Bro John Miller by return of his letter of dismission granted his request for trial as preacher appointed Bros John Corbly, Robert Jones, Mordock, Chas Anderson, Azaraiah Davis, John Ross, Levi Herrod, Abner Mundle and Joseph Gibbens as messengers to ass'n at the Speerses meeting house·Bro Price to prepare letter
September 10, 1791
Met at Whitely to unite again on former order and not to admit any member by any other order and no member to commune with any other order·rec'd Peter Myers for baptism
October 8, 1791
Met at Muddy Creek heard Bro Miller not satisfactory agreed to give letters of dismission to William Knight, David and Susannah Price.
October, last Saturday and Sunday, 1791
Rec'd eleven names for baptism: Jer'h Long, Mary Long, David Long, Mirian Flowers, Eliz. Caton, Aron Hibs, Sarah Hibs, Timothy Prior, Obedeah Camble/Campbell, Abigail Camble at Whitely Creek
November 2, 1791
Met at Whitely Creek Rec'd and baptised Jonathan Garard and John Porter, rec'd by letter John Taylor and Jean his wife, Absolam Scritzfield and his wife being communion
November, last Saturday, 1791
Met at Muddy Creek Rec'd Elizabeth Stewart, Wm Caton, Hannah Caton, and Mary Fox Met at Whitely after singing rec'd Jane McKhoy/McCoy for baptism
February, 1792 last Saturday
Met at Whitely Joseph Sexton was granted a letter upon request
March, 1792 last Saturday
Met at Muddy Creek William Brown and Anna his wife rec'd for baptism Bro Travis granted a letter upon request Bro Harrod requested to cite Sears daughter to attend at Whitely in April
19 May 1792
Met at Whitely rec'd Henry Crosly by letter and heard request by Bro Crosley to constitute a branch of this church at Rufs Creek left for consideration rec'd Mrs Pugh for baptism and Elizabeth Maple by letter.
June 23, 1792
Met at Muddy Creek chose Bros Fordyce and Azaraiah Davis as Deacons.
September 4, 1792
Met at Whitely Charles Monrow and Elizabeth Cox offered to church and rec'd for baptism Ruth Sears (?Sayers), alias Evens formerly rec'd into this church and since entered into marriage while she still has a husband alive agreed to cut her off from the church Thomas Mingo also cut off from the church Bro Screechfield and wife suspended for breach of Sabeth for this communion Bros Corbly, Crossley, Harrod, Jonathan Morris, Jones, George Morris, William Brown and Fordyce appt'd messengers to ass'n at George Creek Bro Corbly to write letter
December 29, 1792
Met at Muddy Creek Benjamin Stites formerly a member of this church has married while still having a wife cut off from fellowship
January 19, 1793
Met at Whitely Black Jesse rec'd for baptism
March, 1793 4th Saturday
Bros Morris, Gibbins and Mirs appointed to talk with Bro Screechfield and wife
April, 1793 last Saturday
Sister Sarah Hibbs made complaint against Bro MyersBros Jones, Gibbens, Campel, and Brown to talk with them
Met at Muddy Creek·trouble between Bro Myers and Jonathan Morris letter granted to Bro Andrus Gray upon request Bros Henry Crosley, Herrod, Jones, Davis and Charles Anderson heard matter between Myers and Morris
Met at Whitely letter granted to Elizabeth Stephens upon request Bros Corbly, Crosley, Jones, Az'th Davis, Harrod and Fordyce appt'd messengers
November, 1793 1st Saturday
Met at Muddy Creek Bro Gustin and Banajah Gustin cited Bro Peter Myers worth of censure.
December 27, 1793
Laid Bro Benj'm Gustin under censure Bro Az'th Davis to cite Jesse Vanmeter to attend next meeting Bro Jones to cite Thomas Bowen, Bro Monroe to cite Eli Mundle Bro Camble to cite Bro Schritchfield and wife.
January 25, 1794
accusations against Bro Jeriah Guther Bros Corbly and Jones to inquire.
Laid Bro Jer Gustins under censure Bro Screechfield restore
March 29, 1794
Met at Muddy Creek·Bro Morris requested a letter refused
April 26, 1794 Met at Whitely Creek
May 17, 1794 Met at Muddy Creek
June 29, 1794 Met at Whitely Creek
June 19, 1794
Met at Muddy Creek appt'd John McIntash to cite Bro Andrew Mundle to attend next meeting appt'd Justus Garard to cite Bro Jno Miller
August 30, 1794 Met at Whitely Creek Bro Mundel appeared Bro John Miller appeared and was cut off by church Bros Corbly, Crosley, Harrod, Jones, Fordice, Jonathan Morris, Davis and Abner Mundel appt'd messengers for ass'n Bro Corbly to write letter
January, 1795 Met at Whitely Creek
February 21, 1795 Met at Whitely Creek
Met at Whitely the last Saturday in March and singing and prayers proceeded to business. The result of the Association being brought before the Church respecting the non-laying on of hands being honor of communion was generally agreed to. Margaret Hart formerly being in fellowship with this church but has committed an act of adultery. The Church therefore unanimously agree to cut her off.
Met at Whitely Creek and after singing and prayers proceeded to business. An accusation being brought before the Church against Hannah Caton respecting her conduct together with her abusing the Church. The charge being brought before the Church, they do unanimously agree to lay her under censure of the Church.
Met according to appointment and after prayer and singing proceeded to business. Resolved that this Church meet together with her sister churches and that the 10th day of February is appointed for this Church as a Day of Humiliation and Prayer. Resolved that Jane Mucklenor be cut off from this Church for the Act of Fornication. Resolved that David Long and Thomas Flowers's wife be called upon to appear before the Church and that John Guttey/Guthery cite them. Resolved that John Gutters, Joseph Gibbins, Obediah Campbell and Robert Ross enquire what can be. And make a report at next meeting.
Met according to appointment on the last Saturday of February, 1796. After prayer and singing proceeded to business when David Long appeared according to citation and nothing found against him.
2/24/1798 Met at Thomas Wright and after singing and prayer proceeded to business when Jonathan Morris reported that he had talked with Brother John Guthery and received no satisfaction therefore the Church agreed to lay him under censure. After Brother Morris reported the he had talked with David Long he confessed his conduct had been unbecoming and would attend next meeting but he neglected Brother Taylor and Brother Mundle appointed to talk with him and cite him to next meeting. A charge being brought against Brother Azariah Davis for the Act of Honeration. Church unanimously agreed that he be excluded. Also agreed that Hannah Caton be excluded from this Church also agreeable to former. Resolved John Heart/Hart, Margaret Hart and Jane Mucklery were excommunicated.
Met at Thomas Wrights and after singing and prayer proceeded to business. When Abia and Margaret Minor were received by a letter of dismission from Highestown, New Jersey.
Met according to appointment and after singing and prayer proceeded to business. Brother Wright when laying in his charges against Brother Jonathan Morris respecting some dealings between them, the Church upon the whole on both sides unanimously was of the opinion there was nothing in Brother Morris's conduct that ought to break Brother Wright's fellowship with him, agreed that Brother Morris take his place.
Church met sung and prayed when Brother Morris layd on a charge against Wright for speaking reproachfully of him to more members seen at last meeting postponed til next meeting.
Met according to appointment and after singing and prayer proceeded to business. The former charge against Brother Wright by Brother Morris brought form and Brother Wright could not make good his charge, together for his conduct towards the Church at different times, with that of certificate from Mr Hesten. The Church viewing something wrong in the whole did unanimously lay him under suspension.
Met in course and after singing and prayer proceeded to business
Met in course and after singing and prayer proceeded to business
Last Saturday June, 1802
Met at Muddy Creek as singing and prayer proceeded to business. Brother Anderson being appointed before to cite Brother Crawford to attend came agreeable to request the Church hearing of some publick conduct such as fighting and he thought it their duty to lay him under suspension.
Met at Whitely after singing and prayer proceeded to business as follows. Received for baptism Sarah Hauching, Nancy Stuart and Hannah Weels/Wells.
Met and after singing and prayer proceeded to business as follows. Brother Abia Minor appointed as writing clerk town over . And the Church appointed Brothers Jonathan Morris, Abner Mundle and Abia Minor to go and inquire of Ely Mundle his reason for leaving this Church and gaining the Methodist Society and make report to our next meeting of business. Appointed Brother Herrod and Brother Mundle, Brother Rudolph, Brother Curl, and Abia Minor as Messengers to the next Association. Also the Church calls upon Brother Amos Rice to improve his gifts what time is in his honor and Brother Abia Minor to write the circular letter.
Last Saturday August, 1802
Met at Whitely and after singing and prayer proceeded to business. Received letter by Brother John Cross and Martha his wife, also Brother Amos Mice/Rice and the Church col'd him to improve his gifts agreeable to him former license Messengers appointed to the Association are over Brethren, John Corbly, Amos Mice/Rice, Levi Herrod, Sam Fordyce, Abiah Minor and Samuel Hill. Brother Corbly to write the letter. Agreed that our communion be the last of October
Last Saturday October, 1802
Met at Whitely after preaching proceeded to receive Stewart, Mariam Davis, Sarah Fordyce were baptized and communion on sabbath and
Met at Whitely and after singing and prayer proceeded to business
Met at Whitely and after singing and prayer proceeded to business
Saturday before last Sabbath in April, 1803
The Church met after singing and praying proceeded to business as follows. Received Mary Robins for baptism.
Met at Whitely after singing and prayer proceeded to business. Came under consideration a request of Brother Eli Mundell to try his talent to preach the gospel. But not being present himself by reason of sickness postponed to our next meeting.
Met at Whitely and after singing and prayer proceeded to business. Received Dennis and Hannah Delainey and Hannah Jackson for baptism. Also agreed that Sisters Hannah Williams and Ruth Bowen have letters of dismission. Also Brother Eli Mundell to keep the church book as writing clerk and further after examination gave Brother Eli Mundel liberty to preach and farther gave leave for improvement at our next meeting at Whitely.
The Church met and after singing and prayer proceeded to business and called upon the Brethren that talked with Ely Mundle for his reasons for his conduct and was informed that it was on account of the Church not having the power and life of religion among them and he being present gave no other satisfaction. The Church agree to lay it over to the next meeting. The Church also received Rebeckah Rose by letter and a letter to be granted to Pleasant Johnston.
The Church met and after prayer proceed to business and do agree to exclude Ely Mundle for condemning this Church, with holding false doctrines, and going to the Methodist Society and Brother Jones to cite Ely Mundle to the Second Sabbath in January to hear his exclusion. Also a letter to be granted to John Stewart he having requested the same.
The Church met by no business transacted
The Church met and after the usual introduction proceeded to business which was to overhall the book but the day was so far spent the Church agrees to postpone the business until the next meeting and for the Clerk to draw off all the names of those that are under censure with reference to the page and the Church agrees to his returning to the Church he came from
The Church met and after the usual introduction proceeded to business which was as follows. The following persons should be encluded (is this a typo? Should this be excluded?) Elijah Moore, Henry Johnston, Jonathan Mundle, Peter Myers, Benassah Guston, Jeremiah Gusten, John Guthry, David Long
The Church met and after the usual introduction proceeded to business between Jonathan Morris and Thomas Write and left it unsettled.
The Church met and after singing and prayer it was agreed that ive every meeting of business there should be moderator chosen to regulate the meeting and keep good order and then the Church referred the business between the aforesaid Brethren until our next meeting and closed by prayer.
Met and after the usual introduction proceeded to choose Brother Herrod moderator, Thomas Write not being there. Brother Morris made this proposition to the Church that the Church should appoint three members to go to Levi Morris and inquire of him the bargain between the two brethren and himself and after hearing of him if not satisfied to proceed to view the land and the division of said land. And if such brethren then think that Brother Morris has any advantage of Brother Write then the said brethren shall make report according to the best of their judgement how much and he will make it up. The Church agreed to Brother Morris's proposals and appointed Brothers Minor, Rudolph and Curl to examine the same and make a report to our next meeting. The business of Brother Crawford to be laid over until next meeting and Brother Mundle to go and talk to him and git him to come to our next meeting. Also Brother Morris to call on Brother Nicholas Johnston to attend our next meeting to give some satisfaction concerning some conduct respecting of himself and others.
The Church met and after the usual introduction chose Brother Herrod moderator and proceeded to business and the business of Brother Write and Brother Morris laid over on account of Brother Rudolph's not being here and Brother Crawfords likewise on the account of the non-attendance of Brother Mundle. Brother Jonston attended and gave satisfaction. Brother Jackson and Brother Delaney to cite Brother Hibons/Hibbins to attend our next meeting and Jane Finley was received for baptism. Page 49 red-inked page numbers, page 4 typewritten at the bottom
skipped to p 53 red-inked page numbers, p 7 typewritten at the bottom Saturday 6/27/1807
Met and after singing and prayer by Brother Hersey proceeded to business. Received by letter Joseph and Elizabeth Hammes/?Sammes, Mary Stewart and Patience Stiles. Sister Pew requested a letter of dismission, granted. Elenor Wright gave in her experience and was received for baptism. Brother Seymore and Sister Temporance Morgan chose to cite Sister Mary Hudson to appear at our next meeting of business to satisfy the brethren for the disorder conduct of some company who attended the wedding of her daughter Polly, which misproper behavior she did not attempt to suppress or otherwise to be dealt with as the gospel directs. Brother Rose to call on Brother Jeremiah Long and Brother Bowen to attend at our next meeting of business. Likewise Brother Minor to call on Sister Flowers to attend our meeting. Likewise Brother Crawford to call on Brother Vanmetre, Brother Mundle on Sister Miars/Myers, and Sister Corbly call on Sister Write, Brother Hill call on Brother Johnston.
The Church met and after singing and prayer by Brother Hersey proceeded to business when a door was opened to experience and David Write came forward and was unanimously received for baptism. The business of Sister Hudson was laid over until our next meeting. Brothers Long, Bowen and Johnston and Sister Flowers attended and gave reasons for their non-attendance and took their seats. Susannah Oakes requested a letter. Granted the requested to write one.
The Church met according to appointment after addressing the throne of grace proceeded to business
1) Received minutes of the Philadelphia Baptist Association for 1806 the circular letter compound upon the subject of gospel missions by Brother Rogers is esteemed very excellent.
2) A letter prepared by Brother Hersey to our next Association was read and approved. Brother Hersey, Abner Mundle, Levi Harrod, Justus Garard, William Brown were appointed Messengers to Association.
3) Received the religious experience of Jane Andrews, Margaret Morris which was unanimously approved.
1) It appears to us that Sister Hudson did not take such measures as in our opinion she absolutely ought to have done either to have prevented or suppressed that disorder and immoral conduct of certain persons at the time referred to in the complaint.
2) Resolved that Sister Hudson has not yet made such confessions as satisfy our minds
3) Resolved to adjourn any further proceedings upon this article until Saturday preceding the Second Lord's Day in September at a special meeting of this Church appointed to be held at Muddy Creek
4) Sister Mary Hudson being present was examined concerning the accusation that is recorded against her in the church book after which the church resolved
5) Resolved that Polly Jones have a letter of dismission to Great Bethel. She having removed within their bounds.
6) Adjourned the business of Sister Myers and Betsy Write until the Saturday preceding the fourth Sabbath in October
7) Brother James Seymore to cite Sister Long and John Millor to attend our church meeting at Muddy Creek
The Church met according to appointment and after the usual introduction proceeded to business
1) The Church covenant being read a door was opened to hear religious experience. Jane McClellan and Catherine Dakens came forward and was unanimously received for baptism.
2) Moved by Brother Harrod shall Sister Dye have a letter. It being put to a vote is answered in the affirmative. Sister Long appeared and gave general satisfaction concerning her non-attendance. Sister Hudson's hearing adjourned until after our October meeting.
Met at Whitely after singing and prayer by Brother Hersey proceeded to business.
1) Resolved that this Church do withhold their fellowship from Sister Mary Hudson and suspend her from the ordinary privileges of the Church as an acting member until the Church are better satisfied.
2) Resolved that Brother Fordyce and Brother Slack be a Committee to call upon Sister Miers and Sister Right to remind them of the importance of taking speedy and Christian measures to obtain a redress of the grievances with which they may be burdened by any Brother or Sister of this communion and inform them that they are requested to attend our next meeting of business and state their difficulties and attempt in the spirit of meekness to maintain their Christian standing and fellowship with the church and fill their places as professed followers of Christ ought to do.
3) Resolved that whereas Brother Jonathan Morris has affirmed that he heard Brother John Rudolph say that he and Morris had bad luck with their flour that some part of the greater part which they had made for Superfine Flour was condemned to common flour and he said he did not think it was fair for a man that used spectacles to inspect flower for it made the specks appear larger. Brother Rudolph being duly qualified before Jacob Black Esq upon solemn oath Delaveeth that no such conversation ever passed between Jonathan Morris and himself. It is therefore required of him the said Morris to obtain the deposition of Joseph Morris, Robert Ross Esq, and of such other, if any there be, that can prove or confirm in any way the truth of his assertion and present the same to our next meeting of business. Likewise we appoint Brother Hersey to write immediately to Brother Rudolph and inform him the process of the business and cite him to our meeting of business in January next.
Saturday 5/25/1810 Met at Whitely Creek and after singing and prayer by Brother Hanah proceeded to business.
1) Chose Brother Herrod moderator
2) Brother Hannah make report of the conversation that he had with Thomas Dakens and he informed Brother Hannah that he was established in his principles and the Church think it their duty to exclude him on account of his declaring a non-fellowship with the Church.
3) Azariah Davis come before the Church and made concession and was restored to his place and requested a letter. Granted. A letter requested by Sarah Miller. Granted. Jesse Vanmetre refusith to have the Church but declares a non-fellowship for which the Church think proper to exclude him. Brother Ross made report that he called on Brother Jeremiah Long to know the reason why he did not attend our meetings and his answer was such the Church think him worthy of censure
Met at Whitely and after the usual introduction proceeded to business. Brothers Morris and Minor to go and talk with Brother Long concerning the answer he gave Brother Ross which was that his wife was sick and he could not leave his stills neither Saturday nor Sunday
Met at Whitely after prayer by Brother Morris and proceed to business. Chose Brother Herod moderator. Brothers Morris and Minor made report of the deseorss they had with Brother Long which was that he had no objection to attending our meeting but that the situation of his family was such it was out of his power until some alteration and the Church think it as well to continue the same until further meeting.
Met and after the usual introductions proceeded to business. Took up the business of John Cross and the letter from the Church of New Lisbon. This Church think proper to write to the Church at New Lisbon and let them know there is some difficulty with some of the brethren and Brother Cross. Brother Ross to cite Brother Jeremiah Long to attend our next monthly meeting.
Met after singing and prayer by Brother Stone proceeded to business. Took up the business of John Cross and ordered the Clerk to alter the letter that is to be sent to the Church at New Lisbon and present it to the next meeting for examination. The business of Brother Jeremiah Long was investigated himself present and the Church think it proper to suspend him from the privileges of the Church.
Met at Whitely after singing and prayer proceeded to business. 1) Resolved communion by statedly once in three months except notice being given to the contrary.
2) Resolved that the business of Sister Hudson before mentioned on the records of our Church be taken up at our next meeting of business
3) Brother John Evins be appointed to cite her to appear at our next meeting of business
Met at Whitely after singing and prayer by Brother Stone proceeded to business.
1) The business of Sister Hudson was taken up. She being present the Curch think proper to give her farther indulgence.
2) The Church think it their duty to exclude Jeremiah Long
3) Mary Jones formerly had applied for a letter and it was granted. She did not get it. The Church grant her one at the present.
Met according to appointment after singing and prayer proceeded to business. John Van Buskirk and Catherine his wife request letters of dismission. They are granted. Whereas Mary Hudson was suspended from the privilege of this Church in years past and never gave satisfaction and now removing without requesting a letter is excluded from the privilege of this Church.
24 February 1819
John Hart, Margaret Hart, and Jake Mucklery were excommunicated.
The Church met according to appointment and after singing and prayer by Brother James Seymour proceeded to business.
1) Chose Samuel Hill moderator
2) Received Jeremiah Long into full fellowship in the Church by letter
3) Unanimously received James Seymour and Susannah Seymour by letter into full fellowship in the Church. The notifying of Thomas Culour postponed for some time
The Church met according to appointment and after the usual introduction of singing and prayer by Brother Jeremiah Long proceeded to business
1) Chose Brother Samuel Hill moderator
2) Heard Brother Jeremiah Long speak and after fully considering of his gifts agreed they were not such as qualified him to go and preach the gospel. But were willing he might make another trial to improve his gifts before the Church at our meeting of business in August next
3) Appointed Brother James Seymour to prepare a letter to send to the next association and to be read at our next meeting
The Church met and after singing and prayer by Brother Micheal Stierne proceeded to business.
1) Chose Brother Seymour moderator
2) Heard the experience of Jonathan Morris and received him into full fellowship and union in the Church and for baptism the next day
3) Gave liberty to Brother Jeremiah Long to speak and exercise his gifts in the Church where met for attending to business
The Church met and after an introduction of singing and prayer by Brother Seymour proceeded to business
1) Chose Brother Seymour moderator
2) Septumus Gobe and Anney Gobe were unanimously received by letter
3) The case of Aron Ross was taken into consideration and continued to our March meeting
4) Thomas Culver was requested to give his reason for retaining his letter of dismission so long time and he said he had given it in to the Ruff's Creek Church
5) The case of Jacob Myers was called up for consideration. He did not appear to prove anything and the Church being asked if they believed that James Seymour altered the records entered on the church book on the twenty-fourth day of November 1821, they unanimously voted they did not believe that he altered said records, with the exception of two members, who both of them afterwards and while the Church was in session said they did not believe James Seymour altered said records. And one of them to wit Joseph Hammers said that said records had not be altered since he first saw it to the best of his recollection which was at the meeting in January, 1822, two months after the record was made.
6) The letter to send to the Association was read and approved and appointed as their messenger: James Seymour, Whitfield Chandler, and James Williamson.
7) Sister Rebecca Ross requested letter of dismission and it was granted.
The Church met and after singing and prayer by Brother James Seymour proceeded to business.
1) Appointed James Seymour moderator
2) Brother Septimus Gabes chosen Deacon in the room of Brother Samuel Hill who is in a declining state and not able to attend
3) Agreed to commune on the fourth Sabbath in November and by order of the church for Brother J Seymour to invite Brother William Brownfeel/?Brownfield to attend
Sermon preached by Brother James Seymour from James 42 and VLth and after a short discourse by Brother Ezra Degarmo, Brother Seymour proceeded to set apart by ordination Brother Septimus Gabes deacon after which meeting was closed by Brother Barnet Whitlach by singing and prayer
4/8/1842 Friday evening A meeting of days commenced Saturday 9th and invitation was given and the following named persons came forward and when considered as fit subjects for baptism to wit John Moredock Jr, and his wife, Mrs Ingram, Henry Comly
Evening of the same day Phebe Cumpston and Mrs Morris came forward and were received as fit subjects for Baptism. Monday 11th The following named persons were all baptized to wit Phebe Cumpston, Mrs Morris, Mrs Ingrahm, Henry Comly, John Dowlin, Elizabeth Dowlin, Martha Dowlin, Corbly Garard Esq, Sarah Garard, William Erwin Jr, also the following named persons were received into full fellowship and privileges of the Church to wit Hyland Varner and Catherine his wife, Emeline Long, Sinthy Antle, Luisa Myers, Clarisa Roberts, Mary Erwin, Sarah Garard, Joseph Garard, Lindsey Garard, John Taylor, Samuel Taylor, Jesse Long, Eliza Gregg, Phebe Cumpston, Mrs Abner Morris
The Church met according to appointment and after singing and prayer proceeded to business. First chose Brother Jeremiah Stewart Moderator. Granted letters to Abner Mundel his wife and two daughters, Sarah and Ann.
3) Whereas John Long is a delinquent member of this Church and Brother Denis Dulaney and Brother John Comley stated that they sean the said John Long commune with the Prispurterians Church therefore resolved that the said John Long be excluded from the fellowship of this Church.
10) Resolved that we take up the case of William Long for imbassidory with a young woman east of the mountains and defer it til our next church meeting.
Resolved whereas a request has been made by Brother John Long that this Church grant him a letter of dismission.
Resolved that John Long withdrew the former resolution offered by him and withdrew himself from this Church and did not want the members to call him brother any more for he felt himself too little for to be called brother. Resolved that Susanna Long withdrew herself from this Church.
6) Resolved that William Long be excluded from the fellowship of this Church for imbassadary.
7) Resolved that Sary Climer be excluded from the fellowship of this Church for imbassadary.
8) Resolved John Long and Susanna Long did not want the Church to recognize them at members of the Church.
9) Resolved that the former conduct and declaring none fellowship of this Church threfore resolve that John Long be excluded from
the fellowship of this Church 10) Resolved that we appoint a committee for to visit Susanna Long and report next Church meeting. Namely JP Minor and D Delaney
1)Resolved that Sister Long says that she is satisfied to retain her membership with this Church. Therefore resolved that we take a vote to know whether the Church is satisfied to retain Sister Long. The Church unanimously agree to retain her in full fellowship with us.
3) Resolved that John Long be restored to the full fellowship of this Church
This page is blank in original except for list of names given in groups of four. Red p11, typed p 10
H J Burk
J Jacson/ Jackson
possible list of founding members on flypage
Jacob Vanmeter and wife
Edward Robins and Rebeck
Abraham Vanmeter and wife
John Vanmeter and Rebeccah
Underwood and wife
Eastwood and wife
Elias Garard and wife
David Henton and Mary his wife
A Church constituted by Rev Isaac Sutton and Daniel Fristoe on 7th day November 1773 consisting of thirty members men and women which mutually gave themselves to each other by the will of God in covenant.
A list of those who were members of Goshen Church prior to the year 1799 p124 red ink number pages
James Mordock, Deacon
Henry Corbly, a preacher
Jess A Black
John Garard, elder
Jacob Vanmater, deacon
John Vantrees, clerk
Sambo A Black
David Evans, Deacon
Benjamin Sutton Jr
Daniel Clark, a preacher
Bethaliah (Miller John)
Diana A Black
Martha O Fraizey
Elizabeth O Fraizey
Goshen Baptist Church members names copyed here from the four part of the book
Members by baptism October 25, 1817
1. John Mordock by baptism 4/20/1820
2. Jeremiah Long, deceased 10/1858 by baptism 7/27/1833
3. John Love, Deacon by baptism 10/20/1833
4. Mary Alton deceased, not known when, by baptism 5/ 1835
5. Isabella Minor by baptism 8/23/1835<
6. Jonathan Garard and wife Deacon
7. Ann Garard by baptism 8/24/1835
8. Mary Climer by baptism 8/14/1836
9. Mary Mundall by baptism 10/20/1837
10. Rebecca Clawson (Reives)
11. by baptism 11/2/1841
12. John Comley and wife
13. Nancy Comley deceased 7/1857
14. Maria Garard Dismissed by letter 2/25/1860 by baptism 12/26/1841
15. Nancy Oshell by baptism 12/27/1841
16. John P Minor
17. Mary Worthington by baptism 12/28/1841
18. Kesia Long by baptism 1/27/1841
19. Susanna Long
20. Jeryne Long by baptism January 1842 (Cyrene/Serena?)
21. Charlotte Morris by baptism 1/25/1842
22. John Morris by baptism 2/1842
23. Emmaline Long
24. Mary Eastle deceased 1855
25. Lovice Myers deceased 8/12/1859
26. Mary Erven deceased 2/14/1857 by baptism 3/8/1842
27. Sarah Garard
28. Joseph Garard
29. Samuel Taylar
30. Dennus Dulaney
31. Jesse Long by baptism 4/1842
32. Henry Comley excluded 8/22/1857
33. Rachel Morris deceased 9/1851 A. L. Minits
34. John Dowlen
35. Elizabeth Dowlen
36. Corbly Garard y baptism 6/12/1842
37. Sidney Hamilton by letter 7/9/1842
38. William Pratt dismissed by letter 2/24/1855 by baptiSM/10/1842
39. John Hufty and wife
40. Mary Hufty by baptism 8/14/1842
41. Charlotte Long excluded 7/1859
42. Joab Bailey deceased 4/16/1857
43. James Mordock excluded 12/23/1854 by baptism 9/12/1842
44. Pleasant Myers deceased 11/18/1860
45. Nathan Jones dismissed by letter 6/23/1860 by baptism 11/1/1842
46. Thomas Stone Deacon by baptism 11/3/1842
47. Mary Worthington
48. Nancy Long by baptism 1/8/1843
49. Lucinda Evans deceased 4/9/1857 by baptism 3/13/1844
50. John Garard
51. Mary Garard (Myers) by baptism 4/15/1844
52. Stacy Stephens Deceased 10/30/1861 by baptism 4/15/1844
53. Harriet Armstrong by baptism 11/9/1844
54. Mary Ann Seaton a mute by baptism 9/24/1846
55. Maryann Huggins received by baptism 9/27/1846
56. Henry Sammes and wife
57. Hannah Sammes
58. Elizabeth Dakate excluded 8/1859
59. Louisa Long by baptism 10/18/1846
60. Stephenson Garard
61. Jot L Colman
62. Pery Stewart (Herington)
63. Emeline Gregg (Skinner) deceased 7/19/1861
64. Mary Ellen Minor (Barclay)
65. Rebecca Pickering dismissed by letter 12/26/1857
66. Matty Hight by the right hand of fellowship by baptism 10/23/1846
67. Manerva Calvert
68. Mary Ann Long (Hill)
69. Cynttry Huggins (Samms) by baptism 2/26/1848
70. Azariah Stephens and wife
71. Clarissa Stephens
72. Mary Garard 10/21/1850
73. Sary Fordyce dismissed by letter 11/21/1857
74. Mariah Galaway Colard girl deceased not known when 1861 received by baptism 11/20/1848
75. Barbary Stone deceased 1857
76. Eliza Long dismissed by letter
77. Martha Steel (Stephens) by baptism 11/23/1848
78. Elizabeth Huggins by baptism 10/21/1850
79. Joseph Long and wife deceased 8/11/1859
80. Eliza Long by baptism 10/24/1850
81. Debora Right by letter 11/30/1850
82. Hannah McNeely by letters 4/14/1849 a mistake in the Clark of theas names
83. William Elllis dismissed by letter 9/23/1854
84. Mary Ellis dismissed by letter 9/23/1854 received by letter 3/16/1850
85. John Keff by letter 5/18/1850
86. Anna Gabes by letter 5/18/1850
87. Judia Burwell dismissed by letter 3/27/1853
88. Sarah Burwell dismissed by letter 3/27/1853
89. Agness Providence by letter 7/20/1850
90. Maria Pratt dismissed by letter 2/24/1855
91. Anna Mordock
92. June Clond deceased 1851
93. Hannah Burwell by baptism 1850
94. George Limley/?Lindley
95. William Luran 8/22/1857 excluded
96. Cyntha Anderson deceased 10/3/1855 received by baptism 12/14/1851
97. James L Shaffer and wife
98. Elizabeth Shafer deceased 8/4/1858
99. Allen Stephens
100. William Nance excluded 5/22/1858
101. Andrew Myers
102. skipped this number page 240 red ink and 106 typed at bottom
103. Harriet Myers
104. Lucinda Long
105. Susann Herrod
106. Mary Right by baptism 12/10/1851
107. John Climer deceased 12/15/1851
108. Joseph Burwell dismissed by letter 10/27/1855
109. Elizabeth Stephens
110. Ruth Long
111. Lucus by baptism 1/3/1852
112. John Messmart 1/4/1852
113. Elizabeth Messmere by baptism 1/3/1852
114. Hiram Stephens
115. Ard Huggins by baptism 8/3/1852
116. Phillip Wolf by letters 11/6/1852
117. Rev Samuel Kindall dismissed by letter 2/23/1856
118. Phanlina Kindall dismissed by letter 2/23/1856
119. Mary Jane Minor by baptism 12/11/1853
120. Christiann Anderson
121. Agness Wright by baptism 12/14/1853
122. Ann Maria Burwell received by baptism 10/31/1854
123. Israel Stephens
124. James Linn and wife
125. Elizabeth Linn
126. James E Burwell
127. William Smith dismissed by letter 1/27/1855
128. Linza Climer
129. Alfred Hight excluded 3/22/1856
130. Absalom Fetters
131. John Wright
132. William Huderson deceased 10/17/1855
133. Hester Ann Long excluded 5/26/1850
134. Nancy Huggins
135. by baptism 11/5/1854
136. Parkinson Skinner
137. Howell Phillips
138. Elizabeth Hanah dismissed by letter 2/24/1855
139. Phebe Sharpneck excluded 3/22/1856 by letter 2/24/1855
140. Rachel Sharpneck
141. Dellila Huggins
142. Mary Ellen Huggins
143. Sary Ellen Evans dismissed by letter 2/15/1861
144. Louisa Huggins
145. Rebecca Wright
146. Ann Gunp
147. Martha Long
148. Nancy Vance
149. received by the right hand of fellowship 1/27/1855; no number for the following person in this Louisa Love 12/27/1856 received by letter
150. Jeremiah Stewart
151. Ann Stewart his wife
152. William Smith 1/24/1857
153. John Long restored
154. received by letter 1/24/1857 James Hufty and wife
155. Casander Hufty
156. received by expearience 9/26/1857 Mary Mundle received by letter 2/21/1857
157. Rachellebo wife dismissed by letter 5/21/1859 received by baptism 3/6/1858
158. Marcia Ervin
159. Maria Wright deceased 3/5/1851
160. Solomon Lee Parsel and wife dismissed by letter 3/24/1860
161. Jane Parsel dismissed by letter 3/24/1860
162. Prissilla Molley
163. Catharine Phillips
164. D Edward Sames
165. James Huggins
167. Kishiann Huggins
168. Phebe Stanley deceased 8/7/1857
169. William Long received by baptism 12/13/1858
170. Henry J Davis and wife
171. Milla Davis
172. Hellen Davis
173. Martha Shaffer
174. Mary Stephenson dismissed by letter 3/12/1841
175. skipped this number
176. Rebecca Gregg
177. George Seaton
178. John Sitensburgh excluded 3/12/1861
179. Nancy Evans joined here and received at Greensburgh received by baptism 12/15/1858
180. J Chanler Harper and wife dismissed by letter 12/24/1859
181. Rachel Harper dismissed by letter 12/24/1859
182. Hughey Kinnan
183. Samuel Minor
184. John C Wright and wife
185. Ella Line Wright
186. Maria Long
187. Mary Stephens
188. skipped this number
189. Hannah J Preaves
190. Preas Cummins
191. George Sames
192. George Stephenson dismissed by letter 3/12/1851
193. Corby G Evans
194. Alfred Jimison dismissed by letter 2/24/1859
195. Franklin Seaton and wife
196. Lida Seaton
197. Joseph A Shaffer received by baptism 12/18/1858
198. Elizabeth Dowled
199. Elizabeth M Garard
200. Isabella Kinnan
201. Anney Rickey
202. Lucinda Stephens and Minor
203. Anna Waterson
204. Lenza Stephens excluded 3/1862
205. Elizabeth A Richey
206. Saryellen Reaves
207. Thomas Richey
208. Daniel Waycoff
209. William Ingram
210. Henry Long
211. Benjamin Love
212. Mary Long
213. Mary Calvert received by experience 12/18/1858
214. Joseph Tonschell received by baptism 12/1858
215. Jonas Emery and wife
216. Mary A Emery
217. Lucinda Ducate
218. Christian Ryse
219. Harriet Byers
220. Mary Paterson
221. Rachel Gilbert received by baptism 3/2/1859
222. Jackson Waycoff and wife
223. Mary Waycoff
224. Clarinda Long
225. John Waycoff received by experience 9/23/1859
226. Catharin Waycoff received by baptism 6/23/1860
227. George Byards received by baptism 8/19/1860
228. Solomon Masters received by baptism 9/16/1860
229. Mary Ann Mundle received by letter 11/17/1860
230. Hester Downey
231. Elizabeth Rossell received by baptism 12/15/1860
232. John Stephenson
233. John Mundle
234. Jasper Paterson
235. Sarah Hunt
236. Lucretia Stephens
237. Mary Ellen Molley
238. Sarah Reaves received by baptism 12/18/1860
239. Hannah Pratt
240. Roseann Stephens
241. Eli Sames
242. Dr Stephen Hill received by baptism 2/3/1861
243. Marion Minor
244. Elizabeth Hainz
245. Received 4/27/1861 by letter Joseph B Sharp Minister
Agreeable to a resolution past by the Church on the day of it was resolved that the Church Clark and the treasurer should enter on record the names and the amount subscribed and the amount paid for the erection of the Goshen Church at Whiteley. And in compliance of said resolution we did on the 20 day of February 1852 enter saim which will appear in the following list towit
from QUARTER SESSIONS
Term - 3 Aug. 1851
from QUARTER SESSIONS
Term - 3 Aug. 1851
Commonwealth VS Jacob Frazee
charge - Surety of the Peace
Complaint filed July 5 1851 by Christopher Miller of Amwell Twp. Pa. against Jacob Frazee also of Amwell. Christopher Miller stated that on July 4 1851 Jacob Frazee raise and shook his fists and threatened Miller if he opened his mouth, he'd smash his face____declaring, that if he opened his mouth he would beat so, as to compel him to his bed for 6 months. Bail - $200 posted by Robert Doak Witnesses for Miller : Lewis W Lewis, Samuel Rofs/Ross and Andrew S. Frazee.( each paid $50 to assure they'd appear in court)
Jacob found Guilty
Term - 5 May 1857
Commonwealth vs Jacob Frazee
Charge - Assault and Battery
Complaint filed March 11, 1857 by Peter Phillips of Amwell Twp. Pa, against Jacob Frazee of Armwell also. Peter Phillips states that Jacob Frazee, yeoman, committed a violent assault upon him, striking him a number of times, violently with a whip and otherwise abusing him. Jacob Frazee supposedly said that it is not safe for Phillips to trace along the road knowing Jacob Frazee's disposition , Peter Phillips is in dread lest he may do him some serious bodily harm. Commanded to appear in court as witnesses for Phillips: John Doe, Peter Phillips, Philo Paul and Catherine Enochs
Jacob was found guilty
Transcribed by Marty Burns
Use the RETURN arrow on your browser to return to where you requested this link
Return to the Dye Lineage