The mission of the Women and Gender Resource Center (WGRC) is to promote gender equity, gender justice, and student success at the University of Houston through advocacy, education, empowerment, and support services.
- Implement a set of comprehensive programs and services that support the meaningful learning content regarding women and gender and to advocate for gender justice through education, engagement, awareness, and empowerment of students, faculty and staff at the University of Houston
- To provide a comfortable place where UH students, staff and faculty can seek information on a variety of topics, obtain confidential referrals to appropriate campus and community resources, and to discuss issues of concern
- To educate the campus community on topics that concern women’s issues, gender equity, and gender-based barriers preventing opportunities of equal access and success
- Advocating for gender justice and gender equity through research, outreach, collaborations, and programming.
- Educating the UH community on women and gender-related issues impacting access, inclusion, development and success.
- Empowering women to be successful through engaging opportunities that build personal, interpersonal, and leadership competencies.
- Supporting the unique needs of staff, faculty, and students of all gender identities by connecting them to campus and community resources.
The WGRC is a department within the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services.