RECRUITMENT HAS BEGUN!
Are you the next Cougar Peer Educator.
Certified Peer Educator Student Leadership Empowerment Training
Application deadline is April 13, 2018
Cougar Peer Educators are officially recruiting. As a peer educator, you have an opportunity to become a certified peer educator to be able to facilitate health education programs as well as outreach events on and around campus. The "Certified Peer Education*" comprehensive training consists of eight modules that teach students:
- Understanding the Power, Roles, and Characteristics of Quality Peer Educators
- Affecting and Understanding “Change Making” as a Peer Educator
- Being an Effective Listener as a Peer Educator
- A Peer Educator’s Role in Responding to Crisis
- Bystander Intervention as a Peer Education Technique
- Intrapersonal Applications of Identity as a Peer Educator
- Putting the “Educator” in Peer Educator
- Group Development and Moving Forward
If you want to build your leadership tool box or strengthen it, this training is for you.
Click on the following link to apply https://goo.gl/forms/lDNvi7Atys2rl67l1
*Certified Peer Education training certification is through the NASPA Bacchus Initiatives. For more information please click HERE.
Certified Peer Educator (CPE) Training is the foundation for building our well-educated and sustainable University of Houston Cougar Peer Eductors.
- Increase leadership abilities
- Understand the basics of prevention
- Conduct educational programs and events
- Provide awareness on health and safety risks
We believe in CPE! It is important to know that although professionals and other faculty or staff can provide students with a wealth of knowledge and ideas around living healthy, it is the PEER, who can really have an impact.
- Who is CPE? – Cougar Peers Educators are learning more every semester about health and wellness issues, and how to educate UH students about how to make healthier choices and safer environments.
- How is CPE trained? – Students who are chosen each April will be enrolled in training program called the Certified Peer Educator Student Leadership Empowerment Training. Students will increase their leadership abilities, understand the basics of prevention, conduct educational programs and provide awareness on health and safety risks.
- Why is CPE important? – It is not just a group of students teaching their peers but a group of students getting know who they are. Practicing what they are teaching to others. It gives them knowledge, it empowers, and perhaps even motivates them to make positive changes in their own life, and in the community they live in and go to school in. Cougar peer educators training compliments their college education, and provide many transferable skills which will help them in their future career.
If you would like members of CPE come present to you about health and wellness, please complete the request at the following link: Request a Presentation