Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Did You Know?
Sexual misconduct is a broad range of behavior that includes but is not limited to sexual harassment, sexual assault, non-consensual sexual contact, sexual exploitation, intimate partner violence (domestic and dating violence), and stalking.
Education, Awareness and Prevention Tips
Sexual Assault Education
- Believe that you can end sexual assault through education
- Always obtain consent before any sexual activity.
- Be supportive to both involved.
Sexual Assault Awareness
- Be aware that sexual assault can happen to anyone.
- Believe that you can make a difference.
- Take the Bystander Intervention Pledge - Cougars Care.
Sexual Assault Prevention
- Trust your instincts.
- Make sure that you always have a ride home.
- Stay in a group or buddy up when going out or walking at night.
- When and if you drink, get your own drink.
Learn more about Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
- 2%The percentage of University of Houston male students that were involved in a relationship where sexual abuse occurred.
- 55%The percentage of rape or sexual assault victimizations that occurred at or near the victims homes.
- 6%The percentage of University of Houston female students that were sexually touched without their consent.
- 54%The percentage of college students who use their wellness programs for assistance education and information.