- STAC 5/E2/2 - B A Rn - Hil 21 Eliz - John Eden v Walter Fishe, William Hodson, Richard Borne, Giles Jacob et al
- STAC 5/E7/26 - I D - 21 Eliz - John Eden v Warden and Assistants of the Merchant Taylors
- STAC 5/E8/6 - I D - 21 Eliz - John Eden v Robert Hulson et al
- STAC 5/E9/22 - I D - 22 Eliz - John Eden v John Topp et al
- STAC 5/E8/27 - B A Rn Rr I D - 22 Eliz - John Eden v Walter Fish, William Hodgson et al
- STAC 5/E3/38 - I D - 21 Eliz - John Eden v Walter Fishe et al
- STAC 5/E15/33 - C I D - 32 Eliz - Norfolk - Thomas Eden v William Downing Edward Browne et al
- STAC 5/E11/38 - B A Dr - 33 Eliz - Norfolk - Thomas Eden, William Franklyn v William Doewning, Henry Wilcocks, Robert Hall et al
- STAC 5/E13/29 - I D - 31 Eliz - Norfolk - Thomas Edon v William Downinge, Edward Browne
- STAC 5/E14/9 - I D - 33 Eliz - Norfolk - Thomas Eden, William Franklyn v Henry Willcock, William Downing, Robert Layton
- STAC 5/E14/37 - B Dr - 44 Eliz - Thomas Eden v Thomas Peade Sr, Thomas Peade Jr, Robert Kempe
- STAC 5/E1/14 - B A Rn Rr - 31 Eliz - Norfolk - Thomas Eden v William Downing, Edward Brown, Simon Sippens, Richard Thompson et al
- STAC 5/E2/5 - A - 33 Eliz - Thomas Eden, William Franklyn v Robert Burlingham
- STAC 5/E8/22 - Rr - 36 Eliz - Richard Edans v David Powell et al
Bevan Case Index
- Eden v Downing - STAC 5/E1/14, STAC 5/E11/38, STAC 5/E2/5, STAC 5/E13/29, STAC 5/E14/9, STAC 5/E15/33
- Eden v Merchant Taylors Company - STAC 5/E2/2, STAC 5/E8/27, STAC 5/E3/38, STAC 5/E7/26, STAC 5/E8/6, STAC 5/E9/22
- Eden v Peade - STAC 5/E14/37
- Evans v Powell - STAC 5/E8/22
Notes, Additions and Corrections
- STAC 5/E1/14 - Thomas Edon of Martham co Norfolk yeoman. Whereas the Dean and Chapter of Norwich owned the rectory of Martham and the parsonage house. 21 year lease to complainant. Answer of William Downinge gent. Now so it is may it please your most excellent Majesty that Wm Downing gent, Edward Browne, Simonde Sippens, Richard Tompson, and Robert Buclingham and divers other persons to your said subject unknown, hot [having] the fear of god before their eis nor any dutiful regard to your Majesties good and godlie laws upon the 9th day of may now last passed did in warlike disorderlie and unlawfull manner assemble and bande themsellves together at Martham. And upon the said day with force and arms that is to say with swords halberts morris pykes piked staves and divers other weapons as well invasive as defensive into the said messuage called the parsonage house forcible riotously and unlawfully did break and enter. And one Anthony Edon and one Richarde Wattes then [being in] the said messuage by the appointment and commandment of your said subject did beat wound and evell intreat.
- STAC 5/E13/29 - Parsonage House in Martham, Norfolk. Deft William Downing is of Yarmouth, Norfolk.(dk)
- Biography in “The History of Parliament: the House of Commons 1558-1603,” ed. P.W. Hasler, 1981.
- EDEN, Edward, of Thetford, Norf.
- EDEN, Richard, of Sudbury, Suff. and South Hanningfield, Essex.
- EDEN, Thomas (c.1534-1614), of Sudbury, Suff.