Elizabethan Star Chamber Project
This page is for on-going work on STAC 5, Star Chamber Elizabeth
Chose your route
- STAC Name Order These are references grouped by the surname of the first plaintiff. This is a first step towards making a list of cases. It is in this section that any additional information about the cases will be recorded, including links to transcriptions.
- Google search. Enter a reasonable spelling of the surname and STAC and WAALT into Google. You may need to repeat with alternative spellings of the surname. This should give you secondary plaintiffs and defendants.
- STAC Catalogue Order This is the list of references, which has been expanded and corrected from TNA online catalogue by reference to the manuscript list.
- STAC Case List This will be a cross reference to a list made by Amanda Bevan of TNA from the data supplied by this project.
- STAC Place Order mostly by county, where it is known, which at present is very rarely.
- STAC Date Order by the regnal year of the bill of complaint.
- STAC Register your current research intereest in STAC 5, or share your own findings to someone who needs them.