|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1577 August
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 115 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/115%5F%281577%29/
- TNA SP 12/115, 22. 1577 Sept. 13. Robert Norgate, Master of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, to Burghley. In reply to his recommendation of one Booth for a fellowship in that college.
- TNA SP 12/115, 23. 1577 Sept. 13. Edmund Freke Bp. of Norwich, and others, Justices of the Peace of the County of Norfolk, to the Council. Report, their proceedings for restraining the buyers and sellers of wool. Incloses TNA SP 12/115, 23. i.
- TNA SP 12/115, 23. i. 1577 September. Copy of the recognizance that certain men therein named be bound not to buy and sell wool unlawfully.
- TNA SP 12/115, 24. 1577 Sept. 15. Lord Keeper Bacon to the Queen. Does that by letter which he would do in person but for an unable and unweildy body. Threatening aspect of affairs. Hostilities with Spain and France to be expected and provided against. Remedies to obviate the same.
- TNA SP 12/115, 25. 1577 Sept. 18. Sec. Walsyngham to Tho. Randolphe. Excuses his delay in writing by reason of the urgency of public business, in which he will shortly be relieved by the appointment of Dr. Wylson, and thinks he has not been well used by Mr. Copinger. Mr. Manhod had failed in his suit. Affairs of Scotland.
- TNA SP 12/115, 26. 1577 Sept 19. Commissioners of Musters for the County of Cornwall to the Council. Have been obliged to defer taking the Musters on account of the plague.
- TNA SP 12/115, 27. 1577 Sept. 23. Justices of Buckinghamshire to the Council. Have taken a note of all the alehouses, inns, and taverns within the county. Incloses TNA SP 12/115, 27. i.
- TNA SP 12/115, 27. i. 1577 September. Certificate of the number and names of keepers of alehouses, inns, and taverns within the County of Buckingham.
- TNA SP 12/115, 28. 1577 Sept. 23. Justices of Buckinghamshire to the Council. Certify their proceedings for the restraint of broggers and engrossers of wool.
- TNA SP 12/115, 29. 1577 Sept. 23. Justices of Hertfordshire to the Council. Their proceedings for restraint and punishment of the broggers and engrossers of wool.
- TNA SP 12/115, 30. 1577 Sept. 23. Certificate of General Musters for the County of Buckingham, taken the 23rd of September, 1577.
- TNA SP 12/115, 31. 1577 September 23. Particular of the rental of the manor of Abbot Isle, with the value of the same at 80 years purchase.
- TNA SP 12/115, 32. 1577 Sept. 26. Names of commissioners specially appointed in divers shires upon the sea coasts to examine the favourers and aiders of pirates, and purchasers of pirates' goods.
- TNA SP 12/115, 33. 1577 Sept. 27. Robert Norgate to Lord Burghley. Mr. Booth declines to pass an examination as to his proficiency in learning until a fellowship becomes vacant.
- TNA SP 12/115, 34. 1577 Sept. 28. Commissioners of Musters for Worcestershire to the Council. Relative to their doings in the Musters of able men, horses, and armour. Incloses TNA SP 12/115, 34. i.
- TNA SP 12/115, 34. i. 1577 September. Certificate of the General Musters for the County of Worcester.
- TNA SP 12/115, 35. 1577 Sept. Report to the Council of the arrival of Capt. Furbisher's ships, the Ayde and Gabriel, at Bristol, and the Michael in the Thames. Order must be taken for discharging the mariners and landing the ore. Proposes Michael Lok to be Treasurer. [On the 28th Sept. the Council directed Furbisher to unload his ships at Bristol. Co. Reg.]
- TNA SP 12/115, 36. 1577 September. Names of certain persons in various ports who have been dealers with pirates; and upon whom warrants have been served for their appearance.
- TNA SP 12/115, 37. 1577 September. An estimate of the price to be allowed to the brewers for ale and beer per ton.
- TNA SP 12/115, 38. 1577 September. Answer to certain articles propounded by [Lord Burghley] touching the advancement of Her Majesty's customs.
- TNA SP 12/115, 39. 1577 Sept. Plan of Southsea Castle, showing the extent of wall not yet countermured.
- TNA SP 12/115, 40. 1577 September. Reasons advanced by Mr. Symon Bowier to the Merchants of the Staple in proof of the justness of his suit for regulating the trade in wools; with their answers to the same.
- TNA SP 12/115, 41. 1577 Sept. Note of the inconveniences that may ensue to the Merchants of the Staple and the general trade of the realm by permitting strangers to transport wool out of England by special licence.
- TNA SP 12/115, 42. 1577 September. Note of the works finished and of such as remain to be done a Portsmouth, which were not included in the former estimates.
- TNA SP 12/115, 43. 1577 September. The names of some of those who come out of the Low Countries and from Rome into England as spies, and do stir up the people to sedition.
- TNA SP 12/115, 44. 1577 September. Petition of Nicholas Jarden, the Queen's pewterer, to the Queen. Solicits the exclusive right of making all measures used in selling wine, ale, and beer by retail.
- TNA SP 12/115, 45. 1577 September. Petition of John Mathew and Oliver Higgyns, (executors to Pawlyn Wythens, of East Smithfield, widow, deceased), to Burghley. For payment of 12l. 12s., owing to her by Mr. H. Howard, for guns, &c., taken by him at divers times from her shop, and sold by him to supply his wants.
- TNA SP 12/115, 46. 1577 September. Petition of John Welde, of London, to Sec. Walsyngham. Solicits to be appointed officer and wool searcher, to detect and punish by law all frauds and deceits in the buying and selling of wool.
- TNA SP 12/115, 47. 1577 Sept.? Petition of Peter Blackborough to the Council. For liberty to prosecute his suit in the Star Chamber against certain clothiers of Wiltshire and Somerset. [On the 9th of Sept. 1577, Sir Harry Sherington, and others, were by order in Council directed to take into consideration the complaint of Peter Blackborough against the clothiers. Co. Reg.]
- TNA SP 12/115, 48. 1577 September. Reasons why some sorts of cloths transported by the Merchants Adventurers ought not to be dressed on this side the sea.
- TNA SP 12/115, 49. 1577 Sept. ? [Walsyngham ?] to Sir Robert Wyngfeld and Mr. Jermye. To cess fines upon certain men of Aldborough, who had in their possession the goods taken from some Scotchmen by pirates. [On the 4th of Aug. 1577, Sir R. Wyngfeld and others were directed to repair to Aldborough to examine such as had any goods of the subjects of Scotland. Co. Reg.]
Navigate to next page: 1577 October