|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1577 April
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 113 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/113%5F%281577%29/
- TNA SP 12/113, 1. 1577 May 3. John Lord Darcy to the Earl of Sussex. Requests that Sir Tho. Lucas, Edmund Pirton, and Thomas Taye may be joined with him in the Commission of Musters, as those in the former commission were all dead or gone.
- TNA SP 12/113, 2. 1577 May 6. Tho. Randolphe to Burghley. Sends a note of the inhabitants of the Isle of Sheppey. They desire to be free from the purveyors. Incloses TNA SP 12/113, 2. i
- TNA SP 12/113, 2. i. 1577 May. List of the names of the inhabitants within the Isle of Sheppey.
- TNA SP 12/113, 3. 1577 May 9. Petition of Richard Coxe to Burghley. Complains that for five years Mr. Henry Howard has been indebted to him to the amount of 67l. 11s. 4d., which still remains unpaid.
- TNA SP 12/113, 4. 1577 May 10. Commissioners of Musters for the County of Warwick to the Council. Have trained 200 men at Warwick and Coventry. Names of the Captains appointed. Inclosing,
- TNA SP 12/113, 4. i. 1577 May. Note of charges for training 200 harquebusiers within the County of Warwick.
- TNA SP 12/113, 5. 1577 May 12. Commissioners of Musters for the County of Dorset to the Council. Preparations for training the number appointed. The arms and ammunition must be procured from London. A new warrant required for the Isle of Purbeck. The town of Poole refuse to bear their share in the charges. Names of the trainers and training places.
- TNA SP 12/113, 6. 1577 May 14. Henry Lord Abergavenny and Sir Tho. Cotton to same. Have mustered 100 men to be trained with calivers in the Lathe of Aylesford, Rochester furnishing 10 of the number.
- TNA SP 12/113, 7. 1577 May 15. Terrier or bounder of the lands, &c. of the Prebend of Browneswood, in the parish of Hornsey, Middlesex, belonging to the Cathedral Church of St. Paul's. Made by John Harington.
- TNA SP 12/113, 8. 1577 May 17. Commissioners of Musters for the County of Buckingham to the Council. Have selected the 200 men appointed to be trained. Note of the charges for the same, proposed to be defrayed by a general rate on the county.
- TNA SP 12/113, 9. 1577 May 17. Book of presentments of the juries sworn in Wareham and Melcombe Regis, by virtue of a commission from the Admiralty. Concerning inquiries to be made of pirates and spoils committed by them.
- TNA SP 12/113, 10. 1577 May 18. Henry Cobham and Sir Tho. Walsyngham to same. Proceedings in selecting and training 500 shot for the County of Kent. Eighty men allotted to their Lathe of Sutton-at-Hone. Preparations for the training, &c. Incloses TNA SP 12/113, 10. i.
- TNA SP 12/113, 10. i. 1577 May. Note of the charges for training 80 men in Kent
- TNA SP 12/113, 11. 1577 May 19. Commissioners of Musters for the County of Surrey to the Council. That they had committed to Mr. Laurence Pecock the training of the 150 calivers appointed to that shire.
- TNA SP 12/113, 12. 1577 May 22. Instructions given to Martin Furbisher, to be observed in the voyage now recommended to him for the North-west passage and Cathay, in the Ayde, the Gabriel, and the Michael.
- TNA SP 12/113, 13. 1577 May 22. Draft of TNA SP 12/113, 12.
- TNA SP 12/113, 14. 1577 May 22. Abstract of TNA SP 12/113, 12 and on the other side of this leaf is a prayer by Queen Elizabeth, on her being at Bristol, 15 Aug. 1574.
- TNA SP 12/113, 15. 1577 May 23. Lord Cobham, Lord Warden, to the Council. Depredations by pirates. Necessity for sending out ships for their suppression.
- TNA SP 12/113, 16. 1577 May 27 Commissioners of Musters for the County of Leicester to the Council. Their proceedings in training the 150 men according to their instructions. The poorness of the shire.
- TNA SP 12/113, 17. 1577 May 31. Sec. Walsyngham to Lord Burghley. The news of the revolt of D'Anvyle is true, and Her Majesty is much perplexed with it. Laments that the Queen still persists in the controversy with the Archbp. of Canterbury. Proceedings towards his deprivation.
- TNA SP 12/113, 18. 1577 May. List of commissioners for the trial of pirates and piracies within the jurisdiction of the Cinque Ports. [Signed by Wm. Lord Cobham.]
- TNA SP 12/113, 19. 1577 May. Decree of the Company of the Merchants of the Staple enacted for the better regulation of the trade in wool.
- TNA SP 12/113, 20. 1577 May. Extract from the account of John Genkins of sums received by him for her Majesty's use from the revenue of the archbishoprick of York during the vacation of the see, viz., from Feb. 15, 1576, till Michaelmas following.
- TNA SP 12/113, 21. 1577 May. The Council to the Justices of Peace in various counties. For restraint of the licences granted by the Queen for buying and selling of wool; and to certify the names of all broggers and engrossers
- TNA SP 12/113, 22. 1577 May. A copy of TNA SP 12/113, 22.
- TNA SP 12/113, 23. 1577 May. List of the names of pirates in the gaol of Weymouth. [Mutilated.]
- TNA SP 12/113, 24. 1577 May. Note of the aiders and partners of Callice and other pirates, drawn from the depositions and presentments of various persons at Lulworth in the County of Dorset.
- TNA SP 12/113, 25. 1577 May? Notes from the depositions of various persons in Dorsetshire, relative to Callis and other pirates, their aiders, &c.
- TNA SP 12/113, 26. 1577 May. Depositions of various persons relative to the resort of Court, Hickes, Callis, and other pirates in the County of Dorset, and the dealings of the inhabitants with them.
- TNA SP 12/113, 27. 1577 May. Thomas Browne, a Scot, to Lord Burghley. Solicits that if it should please the Queen to grant a pardon to John Callice the pirate, the pardon may be given to him as part recompense for the goods taken from him by the said pirate.
- TNA SP 12/113, 28. 1577 May. Interrogatories to be ministered to Charles Ratclif, touching certain libels against the Earl of Leicester and Burghley. His speech relative to the Catholics and the Queen of Scots, and as to Mounford, a Jesuit, Sir Tho. Cornwallis, and other Papists; consisting of forty-seven articles.
- TNA SP 12/113, 29. 1577 May? Answers by Ratclif to some of the interrogatories in TNA SP 12/113, 28. [Imperfect.]
- TNA SP 12/113, 30. 1577 May? Interrogatories to be ministered to John Bacon, of what he had heard from Chs. Ratclif and Robert Sutton, concerning the libels against Leicester and Burghley. Publication of the Rheims Testament, &c.
- TNA SP 12/113, 31. 1577 May? Petition of Nich. Taylior to the Council. Against John and Francis Pilkington, Prebendaries of Durham, who had turned him out of his tenement. Desires letters to Richard Bishop of Durham for his restitution.
- TNA SP 12/113, 32. 1577 May? Memoranda by Burghley, relative to the Musters. [Indorsed: "A memorial for the continuance of the Commission for Musters."]
Navigate to next page: 1577 June