|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1577 June
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 114 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/114%5F%281577%29/
- TNA SP 12/114, 45. 1577 July 1. Schedule of such debts of Mr. Henry Howard as were discharged in part or whole by the Council's warrants to the Master of the Rolls.
- TNA SP 12/114, 46. 1577 July 1. The names of such persons as are appointed Special Commissioners of Musters for every shire, for execution of such instructions as were annexed to the former General Commissions for Musters, in the 15th year of the Queen's reign.
- TNA SP 12/114, 47. 1577 July 6. Note of parcels of wool bought by the clothiers of Coggeshall, in Essex, of staplers and broggers since the 1st of August 1576.
- TNA SP 12/114, 48. 1577 July 7. Gye Lyte to Lord Burghley. Solicits payment of the remainder of the debt owing to him by Mr. Henry Howard.
- TNA SP 12/114, 49. 1577 July 7. Bond of Ralph and Thomas Ithell, for Mr. Ralph's appearance when cited by the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cambridge.
- TNA SP 12/114, 50. 1577 July 7. Answer of John Skerne to the complaint of the Lord Viscount Byndon. Denies that he was privy to any leases being made by Mr. Henry Howard.
- TNA SP 12/114, 51. 1577 July 9. Presentments of the Jury at the Admiralty Court of the Cinque Ports. [Nearly obliterated.]
- TNA SP 12/114, 52. 1577 July 11. Tho. Maston's accompt of ready money received for the impost of money delivered by exchange, from Sept. 27, 1576, to July 11, 1577.
- TNA SP 12/114, 53. 1577 July 15. Note of yearly rents paid by Prebends of the Cathedral Church of Exeter, and misappropriated. [Indorsed, "For Mr. Brokard."]
- TNA SP 12/114, 51. 1577 July 17. Orders set down by the Queen for the better direction and reformation of Her Highness's Court in the Marches of Wales; with additional orders as to appointment and attendance of councillors, &c.
- TNA SP 12/114, 55. 1577 July 17. Minute of additional orders for the Council Wales from TNA SP 12/114, 51.
- TNA SP 12/114, 56. 1577 July 17. Certificate by the bailiffs of Great Yarmouth in behalf of four Scotchmen, part owners of the Scotch ship, the Fortune, of Aberdeen, taken by force in Laystoft Roads, by one Captain Phibson.
- TNA SP 12/114, 57. 1577 July 19. Deposition of Herman Runge touching his ship, the "Jonas," taken by the pirate Robert Hickes, and afterwards pawned and sold to Sir John Perrot for 10l.
- TNA SP 12/114, 58. 1577 July 22. John Johnson's discourse to the Queen and Council for the repairing of the decayed state of the Merchants of the Staple, and for the erection of certain new staples.
- TNA SP 12/114, 59. 1577 July 22. Dr. Andrew Perne to Lord Burghley. Proceedings in the election of Mr. Howland to the Mastership of St. John's College. Hopes soon to finish the new statutes for that college. Recommends Mr. Digory Nicholls to be Master of Magdalen College.
- TNA SP 12/114, 60. 1577 July. Instructions by the Council to Mr. Geo. Winter to take command of the Lyon, the Foresight, and the Dreadnought, to cruise off the Irish coasts, and to watch La Roche, a Frenchman, who was fitting out certain ships, in conjunction with James Fitzmorris, an Irish rebel.
- TNA SP 12/114, 61. 1577 July. Return of the stores, &c. on board the Lyon, the Dreadnought, and the Foresight, now presently appointed to the seas.
- TNA SP 12/114, 62. 1577 July? Petition of Richard Lombard, of Bristol, to the Lord Treasurer. Solicits a licence to transport 600 quarters of wheat and malt to Ireland, duty free. (No 1)
- TNA SP 12/114, 63. 1577 July? Petition of Richard Lombard, of Bristol, to the Lord Treasurer. Solicits a licence to transport 600 quarters of wheat and malt to Ireland, duty free. (No 2)
- TNA SP 12/114, 64. 1577 July. Note of the impost levied by the Venetians on the wines of Candia, laden in English bottoms.
- TNA SP 12/114, 65. 1577 July. Tabular account of the rise and progress of the trade in wines, and of the advantage of its being reserved to the Company of Regular Vintners.
- TNA SP 12/114, 66. 1577 July? Treatise concerning the origin and establishment of commerce and marts, and the wealth and power they afford to the State.
- TNA SP 12/114, 67. 1577 July? Mr. Highfeld's advice to Lord Burghley on the subject of military preparations. The necessity of having in readiness a sufficient number of "shot on horseback." Effectiveness of archery, and reasons why the same should not be discontinued in war.
- TNA SP 12/114, 68. 1577 July? Directions for the better and more speedy execution of the commission for the punishment of the aiders of pirates.
- TNA SP 12/114, 69. 1577 [July?] The Council to certain Bishops. To take into their custody Drs. Feckenham, Watson, and others; with directions to the bishops as to the reception and entertainment of them in their houses, at table, &c.
- TNA SP 12/114, 70. 1577 July. Form of admission and of the oath taken by the Master of St. John's College, Camb. Lat. [Probably of Dr. Ric. Howland in July 1577.]
Navigate to next page: 1577 August