|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1576 April
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 108 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/108%5F%281576%29/
- TNA SP 12/108, 13. 1576 May 4. The Council to the Recorder of London, Mr. Lovell, and others. In behalf of Mr. Chr. Hodsdon, and the children of Miles Wilson, likely to be deprived of their property by the evil administration of one Dr. Akworth.
- TNA SP 12/108, 14. 1576 May 4. The Council to Mr. Osborne of the Exchequer, the Sheriff of Middlesex, and Mr. Ric. Martyn. To take an inventory of all goods and lands belonging to Thos. Grene, goldsmith, who had been apprehended on suspicion of treason.
- TNA SP 12/108, 15. 1576 May 7. The Council to Sir Thos. Lucas and the Bailiffs of Colchester. To examine the charges alleged against Ric. Southwell by Mr. Dorell and Mr. Christmas; and also the complaint of Southwell against John Christmas.
- TNA SP 12/108, 16. 1576 May 8. Statement by Mr. Locke, of Englishmen who are opposed to the trade of the Company of Muscovia with Russia, and have induced the King of Denmark to obstruct the same.
- TNA SP 12/108, 17. 1576 May 9. The Council to the Vice President and Council in the Marches of Wales. To take order for payment of the arrears due to Mr. William Gerrard, one of the Council there, and now appointed Lord Chancellor of Ireland.
- TNA SP 12/108, 18. 1576 May 9. The Council to the Justices of Assize in the County of Pembroke. To settle the controversies between Sir John Perrot and Thomas Wirriott.
- TNA SP 12/108, 19. 1576 May 10. Sir Henry Sydney (as Lord President of Wales) to Mr. Secretary Walsyngham. Desires that the offices of Clerk of the Fines and Auditor in the Marches, by right being at his disposal, may not be bestowed on any person but with his consent.
- TNA SP 12/108, 20. 1576 May 13. Dr. Goade, Provost of King's Coll., to Lord Burghley. The complainants against him have sent up Mr. Stokes. Desires to meet them face to face. Sends a letter from Mr. Redman which shows how Dr. Goade has been abused by their slanders.
- TNA SP 12/108, 21. 1576 May 14. Archdeacon Tho. Wattes to same. Requests that Mr. Dunning might be sent for, to answer charges made against the Provost of King's Coll. The complainants will not substantiate the articles against the Provost.
- TNA SP 12/108, 22. 1576 May 19. The Council to the Commissioners of Wines in certain counties. To ascertain the quantity of wines imported from France, and by whom, and sold at a higher rate than 10l. the ton, contrary to the Queen's proclamation.
- TNA SP 12/108, 23. 1576 May 19. Instructions given by the Privy Council to Henry Palmer, Esq., appointed to be Captain of the Queen's ships set forth for the clearing of the seas of pirates, excepting all ships under the Prince of Orange's commission.
- TNA SP 12/108, 24. 1576 May 19. Minute of TNA SP 12/108, 23.
- TNA SP 12/108, 25. 1576 May 20. Note of matters to be propounded in Council.
- TNA SP 12/108, 26. 1576 May 23. The Council to the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster. To examine the complaints of the tenants and inhabitants within the liberties of the forest of the High-Peak, exhibited against the Earl of Shrewsbury and others.
- TNA SP 12/108, 27 1576 May 23 Answer of Richard Candeler to a bill of fees set down by certain aldermen and citizens, appointed by Sir Ambrose Nicholas Lord Mayor of London, respecting his office for the making and registering of assurances, &c.
- TNA SP 12/108, 28. 1576 May 24. Commissioners for relief of poor prisoners to the Council. Their proceedings. Complain of the opposition offered to the commission by the Marshal and his deputies, to the great sorrow and grief of the said poor prisoners.
- TNA SP 12/108, 29. 1576 May 24? Petition of the poor prisoners of Her Majesty's Bench to the Council. That Her Majesty's commission in the behalf of poor debtors may be maintained, and not hindered by the artifices of lawyers or the opposition of the Marshal.
- TNA SP 12/108, 30. 1576 May 24? Petition of the poor prisoners in the King's Bench to the Council. Praying that the Marshal of their prison may not be permitted to oppose the execution of the Queen's gracious commission in their favour. And that the Commissioners might sit within the prison.
- TNA SP 12/108, 31. 1576 May 30. John Cocke, Fellow of St. John's, to Lord Burghley. His purgation of the accusations made against him to his lordship. Lat.
- TNA SP 12/108, 32. 1576 May? Petition of Mrs. Christian Lawson, wife of Tho. Lawson, late Mayor of York, to the Queen. For a lease of the manor of Arkendale, co. York.
- TNA SP 12/108, 33. 1576 May? Memorial of Sr. Wm. Gerrard and the Company of Merchants trading to Russia. That having great store of wares lying at the Narve in great danger, they were forced to hire three Lubeckers' vessels to transport the same, and request licence to bring the same into the realm.
Navigate to next page: 1576 June