|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1575 October
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 105 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/105%5F%281575%29/
- TNA SP 12/105, 68. 1575 November 1. Instructions to Wm. Holstock, comptroller of the ships appointed by the Queen to repair to the seas with two of the royal ships for the taking of pirates, regulating the traffic of merchants, &c.
- TNA SP 12/105, 69. 1575 November 3. Sir Thomas Gresham to Mr. Sec. Walsyngham. Sends a copy of his instructions to negotiate a foreign loan. Is unable himself now to travel in such weighty affairs, "being 62 yeres of ayge and blynde and lame." Recommends Edmund Hogan, one of his former servants, to be employed in that service. Offers to take up the sum of fifteen thousand pounds Flemish, at Antwerp, and be responsible for the same. Incloses TNA SP 12/105, 69. i.
- TNA SP 12/105, 69. i. 1575 November. Minute of the instructions for the deputies in Germany, for the negotiating a loan there.
- TNA SP 12/105, 70. 1575 November 3? Memoranda for the direction of the agents intrusted with the management of the loan to be taken up abroad at interest.
- TNA SP 12/105, 71. 1575 November 5. Richard Martyn to Mr. Sec. Walsyngham. Is ready to undertake the receipt of the foreign loan by 20,000l. at a time, so as to discharge the interest and keep it in readiness for Her Majesty's service. Recommends certain arrangements for its receipt.
- TNA SP 12/105, 72. 1575 November 14. Andrew Palmer to same. Recommends the loan out of Germany to be received only in dollars.
- TNA SP 12/105, 73. 1575 November 14? Answer to certain articles respecting the best way of receiving the money to be sent from Germany, and of repaying the same.
- TNA SP 12/105, 74. 1575 November 14? Order for disposing of the money to be paid to the Queen's Majesty on its arrival in England.
- TNA SP 12/105, 75. 1575 November 15. Earl of Leicester and Walsyngham to the Earl of Shrewsbury. Requesting him not to appoint a successor to the office of the Marshal of the King's Bench, void by the death of Mr. Verney, the Queen having nominated one to that place.
- TNA SP 12/105, 76. 1575 November 17. Note of the Warrants for the Great Wardrobe, from November 17, 1574, to November 17, 1575.
- TNA SP 12/105, 77. 1575 November 25. The Queen to Shrewsbury. Has ascertained that the office of Marshal of the King's Bench was in the royal gift. She is therefore sure that he will be satisfied that she has bestowed it on W.K., her near kinsman, rather than on Sir Wm. Fytzwylliams.
- TNA SP 12/105, 78. 1575 November 27. Orders appointed by the Earl of Leicester, Constable of Windsor Castle, touching the repairs of the castle: intrusting to Hum. Michell, Hen. Hawthorne, Tho. Hatche, and Walter Jennins, the direction of the works.
- TNA SP 12/105, 79. 1575 November 27? Humfrey Michell, Clerk of the Works at Windsor Castle, to Lord Burghley. Gives an abstract of the expenses incurred at the castle for repairs, during the last six years, amounting to 6,600l. States his past services, and requests to resign his office.
- TNA SP 12/105, 80. 1575 November 28. Petition of the parishioners of Bulley, co. Gloucester, to the Lord Treasurer. Praying for the stay of any warrant for defacing their parish church, till their title and evidence be fully examined before the Court of Exchequer.
- TNA SP 12/105, 81. 1575 November Note of fines to the Crown for alienations without licence, and of fines for writs of covenant.
- TNA SP 12/105, 82. 1575 November? Note of the price of the several sorts of arms and apparel for soldiers.
- TNA SP 12/105, 83. 1575 November? Proclamation by the Queen, prohibiting any of Her subjects from engaging in the service in the Low Countries, or of any other foreign prince or state, as mariners or soldiers.
Navigate to next page: 1575 December