|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1575 June
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 105 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/105%5F%281575%29/
- TNA SP 12/105, 1. 1575 July 1. L[aurence] T[omson] to Dr. Humfrey. A letter of very friendly advice. Deplores the state of parties at Magdalen College, and censures his proceeding to such a severe measure as expulsion of Fellows for such a matter.
- TNA SP 12/105, 2. 1575 July 2. Nic. Lombard to Mr. Tomson. With observations upon certain statutes, and the present state of affairs in the college. Solicits his help and that of Mr. Mills.
- TNA SP 12/105, 3. 1575 July 3. Peter Osborne to Lord Burghley. Sends the prices of certain wares and the rates they be now at in the Custom House. Recommends that the merchants trading to Spain should be incorporated into a company.
- TNA SP 12/105, 4. 1575 July 3. Nicolas Gybbarde to Laurence Tomson. Regrets the prevalence of popery in the University, which is felt not in Magdalen College only, but pervades the whole body.
- TNA SP 12/105, 5. 1575 July 4. John Popham to Edward Dyer. Returns his papers relative to the privileges of the tanners, with all exceptional points provided for. Decay of the leather trade.
- TNA SP 12/105, 6. 1575 July 4. Copy of the will of Sir Thomas Gresham, from the Register of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury.
- TNA SP 12/105, 7. 1575 July 4. Declaration on Dr. Humfrey's behalf touching his expelling Mr. Cole, and five other preachers out of Magdalen College, Oxford; together with answers by Mr. Cole, Nicolas Lombard, and others.
- TNA SP 12/105, 8. 1575 July 5. John Abington to Bishop Scorey. On the request of Mr. Richard Meye, for his Lordship to forbear pressing the repayment of the 40l. due by Meye to him. Copy sent by the bishop to See. Walsyngham.
- TNA SP 12/105, 9. 1575 July 6 List of the English fugitives abroad receiving pensions from the King of Spain, with list of those gone to Spain to sue for pensions. [Superscribed—" To the Duchesse of Ferya."]
- TNA SP 12/105, 10. 1575 July 6. Note of sundry English rebels and fugitives abroad, especially in the Low Countries, with the stipends received by them from the King of Spain; and stating the death of Leonard Dacre, on the 12th Aug. 1573. Lord Morley is gone into Spain.
- TNA SP 12/105, 11. 1575 July 8. Thomas Windebank to Sec. Francis Walsyngham. Answers touching the matter between Captain Sebastian and his cousin, a wench whom Sebastian claimed in marriage, and who was a fitter wife for him than for an honester man.
- TNA SP 12/105, 12. 1575 July 10. University of Oxford to the Earl of Leicester. In behalf of Mr. Cole, Mr. Powell, and Mr. Lombard, expelled from Magdalen College.
- TNA SP 12/105, 13. 1575 July 10? Petition from the Fellows and Students of Magdalen College to the Council. Praying they would take into favourable consideration the rigorous sentence of expulsion passed by Dr. Humfrey on the six Masters of Arts, Thos. Cole, and others.
- TNA SP 12/105, 14. 1575 July 10? Draft of TNA SP 12/105, 13.
- TNA SP 12/105, 15. 1575 July 10? Statement of the cause why Powell, Cole, and Lombard were removed out of Mag. Coll., Oxford.
- TNA SP 12/105, 16. 1575 July 11. Sec. Fr. Walsyngham to the Bishop of Winchester, as Visitor of Mag. Coll., Oxford. Advocating the cause of Cole, Lombard, and the other expulsed Fellows, and censuring the intemperate proceedings of Dr. Humfrey, the President.
- TNA SP 12/105, 17. 1575 July 12. Grant of Arms to Richard Jessopp, of Broomehall, Yorkshire, by William Flower, Norroy King at Arms.
- TNA SP 12/105, 18. 1575 July 15. William Bond, Alderman, and others, to Walsyngham. Requests letters from the Queen to the French king, for obtaining compensation for the piratical capture of their ship the "Pelican," by Captain Landreaw.
- TNA SP 12/105, 19. 1575 July 16. Bishop Horn to Walsyngham. Will do all that lieth in him to quench the fiery coals kindled in the Society of Magdalen College. And, on the same paper, copy of letter to the President and Fellows of the College, condemning the present unseemly proceedings, and directing that no elections should be made to the places of Mr. Cole and the other expelled Fellows.
- TNA SP 12/105, 20. 1575 July. Declaration of Mr. Thomas Cole, William Powell, Henry West, Nicolas Lombard, Walter Enderbie, and Ralph Smith, as to the reason of their not acceding to the election of a Dean in Magdalen College.
- TNA SP 12/105, 21. 1575 July? Notes upon the statutes of Mag. Coll., Oxford; being mostly a draft of TNA SP 12/105, 20.
- TNA SP 12/105, 22. July? A particular declaration of spoils committed by the Spaniards and Flushingers on the ships and goods of George Fenner and others.
Navigate to next page: 1575 August