|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1575 November
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 105 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/105%5F%281575%29/
- TNA SP 12/105, 84. 1575 December 10. Sir Francis Englefyld to Mr. Cotton. Desires him not to let the opposition he has met with put a stop to his endeavours. Has been obliged to change his residence on account of his health and safety. Requests him to write.
- TNA SP 12/105, 85. 1575 [December 10?] Bishop Cox to [Lord North]. Upbraids him with uncharitable and ungrateful usage. Enumerates the many favors he has bestowed on him and his family, and urges him to mend his life.
- TNA SP 12/105, 86. 1575 December 11. Roger Lord North, Lord High Steward of Ely, to the Bp. of Ely. Answer to the accusations made against him by the bishop. Appeals to the Queen and the Council to decide the matters in controversy between them.
- TNA SP 12/105, 87. 1575 December 11? "Certayne articles gathered out of the declarations of sondrie persons, wherewithe the Bushoppe of Elye is to be charged."
- TNA SP 12/105, 88. 1575 December Articles of complaint by Chr. Balam, Geo. Haysyll, of Cambridge, and Lawrence Johnson, of divers enormities and wrongs committed by Dr. Cox, now Bp. of Ely, and his officers; delivered to Lord North, High Steward of the Liberties of the Isle of Ely, to be preferred by him to the Queen's Majesty.
- TNA SP 12/105, 89. 1575 December 11? Petition of Bishop Cox to the Council. Respecting the mode in which he desires to answer the articles against him. Requests that Lord North may not be permitted to prefer the charges of his accusers.
- TNA SP 12/105, 90. 1575 December 11? Answer of the Bishop of Ely to the complaints of George Haysyll, and others, preferred unto the Queen's Majesty by the Lord North.
- TNA SP 12/105, 91. 1575 December 15. Dr. Tho. Wylson to Lord Burghley. Requests payment for the horses he bought in Flanders, to enable him to repay Sir Tho. Gresham of whom he had borrowed 500l.
- TNA SP 12/105, 92. 1575 December 27. Note of matters to be propounded in Council.
- TNA SP 12/105, 93. 1575 December 29. A device how the statutes of the realm are to be ordered and printed, to be submitted to Her Majesty's consideration. Names of competent men fit to be entrusted with the overseeing of the same, presented by Lord Keeper Bacon.
- TNA SP 12/105, 94. 1575 December 29. The Council to the Commissioners for the restraint of the exportation of grain in Norfolk, Gloucester, and Somerset, to permit Mr. Geo. Higgens of Bristol, to export certain quantities of wheat and barley, in consideration of his losses in the Queen's service.
- TNA SP 12/105, 95. 1575 December 29. Grant of Letters Patent by the Queen to William Wylson, of Market Raison, co. Linc, of licence to buy and sell again 4,000 tods of English wool within the term of the next four years; with account of the number of tods of wool, bought and sold by virtue of the same.
- TNA SP 12/105, 96. 1575 December The Council (?) to Mr. Justice Southcote. In favour of Richard More, of Bristol, that he may obtain just judgment against John Roberts, who under colour of law had illegally dispossessed him of his house and lands.
- TNA SP 12/105, 97. 1575 December The Council (?) to the Lords Chief Justices and Justices of both Benches. To consider the abuses committed in practice by one Alexander Wildgoose, a lawyer, and to punish him in such manner as they shall think fit.
- TNA SP 12/105, 98. 1575 December? Articles against the Bp. of Chichester and Mr. Worley, for giving licence to James Hoare to transport grain contrary to the statute.
Navigate to next page: 1575 undated