|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1575 July
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 105 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/105%5F%281575%29/
- TNA SP 12/105, 23. 1575 August 1. Note of bonds entered into by the Earl of Essex for payment of various sums of money into the Queen's Exchequer, from June 21, 1573, to Aug. 1, 1575.
- TNA SP 12/105, 24. 1575 August 7. Lord Burghley to Sec. Walsyngham. Troubles in France. The Queen's progress. Is sorry he cannot wait on Her Majesty on her arrival at Dudley, as he wished to further the suits of the Lord and Lady Dudley.
- TNA SP 12/105, 25. 1575 August 9. Lord Burghley to Sec. Walsyngham. Sends a letter to be delivered to Lord Dudley, excusing his absence on account of illness. Irish finances.
- TNA SP 12/105, 26. 1575 August 9. Henry Sekeford to Burghley. Wants money for the two shiploads of herrings he has sent to supply the garrisons in Ireland. Incloses TNA SP 12/105, 26. i.
- TNA SP 12/105, 26. i. 1575 August. Wm. Loune to Henry Sekeford. Relative to the state of affairs in France. Rochelle, 26 July 1575.
- TNA SP 12/105, 27. 1575 August 15. Walsyngham to Burghley. A day has been appointed for hearing the dispute between the inhabitants of Peke Forest and the Earl of Shrewsbury. Instructions for sending money to Antwerp. They were expecting to hear from Mr. Killygrew, of the Regent's acceptation of the message. Affairs of the Borders. Is coming homewards.
- TNA SP 12/105, 28. 1575 August 18. Walsyngham to Sir Tho. Smith. 15,000l. to be sent to Antwerp by exchange; Mr. Thomas Aldersey to be intrusted with the payment of it, and the Elector Palatine to be certified of its arrival. Very few of the Council know of the transaction.
- TNA SP 12/105, 29. 1575 August 21. Sir T. Smith to Burghley. That Her Majesty was contented with the news brought home by Walter Williams, saving a passage in the Palgrave's obligation. The money is to be hastened over. Sends Walsyngham's letter. The Regent of Scotland is friendly disposed towards England.
- TNA SP 12/105, 30. 1575 August 24. A discourse respecting the establishing a staple at Newcastle for coals, and for tin and lead in other places.
- TNA SP 12/105, 31. 1575 August 26. Indictments at the Sessions held at Padstow in Cornwall, against certain mariners of a bark called "La Cressant de Rochell" for unlawfully attacking a vessel belonging to the Isle of Man. Lat.
- TNA SP 12/105, 32. 1575 August 31. Sir Fr. Englefyld to Mr. Cotton. Recommends the bearer Tho. Evans, who desires to follow his company as a merchant. He may be trusted, "although he be a Welshman." Commends Cotton's proceedings.
- TNA SP 12/105, 33. 1575 August 31. Robert Petre to Lord Burghley. Has desired Mr. Burde to make over 1,000l. more, who informed him that the exchange was at present very dead, but he will do his best, as will also Mr. Smyth, his principal factor. Rate of the exchange.
- TNA SP 12/105, 34. 1575 August 31. Peter Osborne to Lord Burghley. Respecting the making over of 1,000l. to Antwerp, and the price of exchange.
Navigate to next page: 1575 September