|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1575/6 February
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 107 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/107%5F%281576%29/
- TNA SP 12/107, 48. 1575/6 March 1. Request of the clothiers to a member of Parliament that he would support the bill preferred by Sir Henry Pool, for reforming the abuses and deceits used in wool and yarn.
- TNA SP 12/107, 49. 1575/6 March 3. Mr. Simmes to Lord Burghley. Requests that the consideration of the bill for the explanation of the Stat. 31 Hen. VIII., concerning abbeys, monasteries, and colleges, might be committed to the decision of certain learned men. Incloses,
- TNA SP 12/107, 49, i. 1575/6 March. Answers to the suggestions of the inconveniences that would arise if it be enacted that the statute of 31 H. VIII. should not extend to any of the colleges, as a bill to that purpose had passed both Houses.
- TNA SP 12/107, 50. 1575/6 March 4. Petition of the bailiffs, &c. of Great Yarmouth, to the Council. Request licence to transport 30,000 quarters of grain, to assist them in defraying the expenses for the reparation of their haven.
- TNA SP 12/107, 51. 1575/6 March 5. Lawrence Cockson to Burghley. Solicits his aid in his enterprise for the growth and increase of flax, hemp, and rape seed. Advantages of the same.
- TNA SP 12/107, 52. 1575/6 March 5. The Council to Lord Adm. Lincoln. Directions to stay all ships belonging to Flushing and Zealand for their spoils committed on English subjects.
- TNA SP 12/107, 53. 1575/6 March 5. Address of the House of Commons to the Queen. Requesting prohibition against the exportation of hemp and flax., &c., and regulations for the cultivation and employment of the same.
- TNA SP 12/107, 54. 1575/6 March 5. Petition of the Mayor, &c. of the borough of Gateshead, to Burghley. Against the suit of the Mayor, &c. of Newcastle, for the annexation of Gateshead to Newcastle, which would be to their utter undoing and overthrow.
- TNA SP 12/107, 55. 1575/6 March 6. Differences between the statute of 5 Eliz. and the new bill concerning tanning and curing of leather.
- TNA SP 12/107, 56. 1575/6 March 7. Advantages to be gained by the bill for the avoiding false and counterfeit colours, and for bringing in a true and perfect manner of dyeing into the realm. With answers to the same.
- TNA SP 12/107, 57. 1575/6 March 7. Consideration of certain inconveniences that may arise by the uniting of the borough of Gateshead to the town of Newcastle.
- TNA SP 12/107, 58. 1575/6 March 7. Note of the stages of bills in the House of Commons.
- TNA SP 12/107, 59. 1575/6 March 8. Note of the stages of bills in both Houses of Parliament.
- TNA SP 12/107, 60. 1575/6 March 8. Bill for the restriction and regulation of licences granted by the Queen for the exportation of wares forbidden by statute.
- TNA SP 12/107, 61. 1575/6 March 8. Articles for an Act of Parliament touching impropriations.
- TNA SP 12/107, 62. 1575/6 March 9? Minute of an explanation prescribed by Lord Burghley, to be declared by Mr. Cocke, that he had no intention in his speech to offer any affront to the Master of St. John's College.
- TNA SP 12/107, 63. 1575/6 March 10. State of private and public bills passed and proposed in both Houses of Parliament.
- TNA SP 12/107, 64. 1575/6 March 10? Substance of bills to be proposed in Parliament, with names of those to whom they are entrusted, for the confirmation of bishops' lands, for the better execution of penal laws, benefit of clergy, reformation of sheriffs, &c.
- TNA SP 12/107, 65. 1575/6 March 10? Act for the augmentation of cures of small livings where the parsonages are impropriate and of certain values. [Imperfect, the first leaf wanting.]
- TNA SP 12/107, 66. 1575/6 March 10? Act for the relief of vicars and curates lacking needful sustentation for their cures, whereof the rectories are impropriated.
- TNA SP 12/107, 67. 1575/6 March 10. Certificate of the increased number of ships and vessels in various seaport towns since the enacting of the statute for maintenance of the navy, and abstinence from flesh on Wednesdays.
- TNA SP 12/107, 68. 1575/6 March 10. List of ships newly built since the year 1571, and the ports to which they belong.
- TNA SP 12/107, 69. 1575/6 March 11. Bill for confirmation of the Act 5 Edw. VI. against engrossers, forestallers, and regrators, and prohibiting the monopoly of all foreign goods and provisions.
- TNA SP 12/107, 70. 1575/6 March 11. Copy of the preceding. With a note of the increase of prices of wines, spices, &c. since the 6th year of Her Majesty's reign.
- TNA SP 12/107, 71. 1575/6 March 11. Dr. John Still, Master of St. John's, to Burghley. The troubles in the college have not ceased. Mr. Cocke and Mr. Smith, since their return, are rather more unquiet than amended. Mr. Cocke read the speech prescribed by Burghley, but made matters worse by his observations.
- TNA SP 12/107, 72. 1575/6 March 11. Petition of Dierick Flockarson, of Embden, to the Council. Against Sir A. Champernowne, for refusing payment of the freight of his ship of salt brought into Dartmouth by Flushingers.
- TNA SP 12/107, 73. 1575/6 March 11. Petition of John Foxall and Barnard Feilde to the Council. Complaining of stay of their goods by the Inquisitors of Spain, and soliciting that Spanish goods to the same amount may be stayed in England.
- TNA SP 12/107, 74. 1575/6 March 11. Petition of certain obedient subjects to the House of Lords. Soliciting their order to the Speaker of the House of Commons to read in full the bill for the better cultivation of flax, hemp, and rape seed.
- TNA SP 12/107, 75. 1575/6 March 12. Mr. Recorder Fletewoode to Lord Burghley. Thanks him for his favours to himself and for the Bishoprick of Durham. Beseeches him that the bill for the annexing Gateshead to Newcastle may not be permitted to pass.
- TNA SP 12/107, 76. 1575/6 March 12. Petition of the inhabitants of Gateshead to same. Urging objections against the bill for uniting them to the town of Newcastle.
- TNA SP 12/107, 77. 1575/6 March 12. Note of acts that came from the Lower House, and of the acts of the Upper House, in various stages.
- TNA SP 12/107, 78. 1575/6 March 12. Similar lists of the stages of bills in the Upper and Lower Houses.
- TNA SP 12/107, 79. 1575/6 March 12? Note of public bills passed in the Lower House, and of bills sent down from the Lords.
- TNA SP 12/107, 80. 1575/6 March 12? Note of acts passed in both Houses, and of those now remaining in the Upper House.
- TNA SP 12/107, 81. 1575/6 March 12. Copy of TNA SP 12/107, 80.
- TNA SP 12/107, 82. 1575/6 March 12? Proviso in the bill against fraudulent conveyance or assurance of lands. Probably to the Act of Dilapidations.
- TNA SP 12/107, 83. 1575/6 March 12? Brief of the articles in favour of the bill for Chichester haven, and reasons by the mayor and citizens why the same should be enacted.
- TNA SP 12/107, 84. 1575/6 March 13. Presentment of the three several juries of the Hundreds of Corby, Rothwell, and Orlynbury to — Androwes, Esq., High Sheriff of Northampton, of the quantities of grain in the said Hundreds that may be spared to supply the markets.
- TNA SP 12/107, 85. 1575/6 March 14. Note of the prorogation of Parliament till two of the clock tomorrow, when it was further prorogued till the 5th of Nov.
- TNA SP 12/107, 86. 1575/6 March 14? Certificate by the Clerk of the Parliament, of such bills as were read in the House, and of those which had passed.
- TNA SP 12/107, 87. 1575/6 March 15. Note of acts passed both Houses.
- TNA SP 12/107, 88. 1575/6 March 15. A note of the acts passed in both Houses during the session. "Those that be crossed are such as Hir Ma is thought will not assent unto."
- TNA SP 12/107, 89. 1575/6 March 18. The Council to Sir Thomas Lucy, Tho. Smith, and John Hyckford. Desiring them to hear the complaints of the tenants of Wellford, in Gloucestershire, against Lodowick Grevill.
- TNA SP 12/107, 90. 1575/6 March 18. The Council to the lords and owners of Romney Marsh. To signify their opinion respecting the suit of the town of Hythe, relative to the construction of certain sewers near their town.
- TNA SP 12/107, 91. 1575/6 March 23. Writ of assistance by Dr. Lewes, Judge of the Admiralty Court, for recovery of the goods of five British ships wrecked on the coast of Sussex, "richlye laden with merchandizes from the Sowthe partes." (? The return voyage of Sir H. Gilbert, and others. See 22 March, 1574.)
- TNA SP 12/107, 92. 1575/6 March 23. The Council to Lord Darcy, and others. To examine John Chapman, and others, authors of certain lewd and slanderous libels against the preachers cast abroad in the town of Colchester.
- TNA SP 12/107, 93. 1577 March 30. Petition of John Rooper to the Council. Solicits the cancelling of his bond for the good behaviour of one John Prestall, which he had entered into at the request of Mr. Ric. Verney.
- TNA SP 12/107, 94. 1577 March? Lord Burghley to Walsyngham. Sends copy of the Queen's warrant, dated 11 Dec. 1572, for 9,000l. for expenses of the navy, payable in three years, which have expired. A new warrant will be necessary for payment of the balance still due.
- TNA SP 12/107, 95. 1577 March? Names and preferments of non-residents in Oxford, within a little compass. [Indorsed, "L. Norris."]*TNA SP 12/107, 96. 1577 March. Note of the temporalities belonging to the See of Worcester.
- TNA SP 12/107, 97. 1577 March 31.The Council to Commissioners in every shire throughout the realm. Directions for the assessing, levying, gathering, and answering to the Queen's use, the first payment of the subsidy granted to Her Majesty in the last session of Parliament.
- TNA SP 12/107, 98. 1577 March. Collections out of the book of Entries of the Parliament, from the 13th to the 18th Eliz., relating to matters of religion and the affairs of the Church.
Navigate to next page: 1576 April