|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1575/6 January
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 107 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/107%5F%281576%29/
- TNA SP 12/107, 30. 1575/6 Feb 8 & 9: Resolution of the House for the commitment of Mr. Peter Wentworth, burgess of the borough of Tregony, for unreverend and undutiful words uttered by him in the House of Commons, with proceedings thereon.
- TNA SP 12/107, 31. 1575/6 Feb 9: Request of Lord Norreis to the Court of Parliament. To be restored in blood and honours.
- TNA SP 12/107, 32. 1575/6 Feb 10: Articles agreed upon by the Committees touching a subsidy and two fifteenths.
- TNA SP 12/107, 33. 1575/6 Feb 11: Countess of Northumberland to Wm. Cotton. Is desirous to know of his proceedings, and thanks him for his favor and affection to some other person. More is expected of her than she is able to perform. Will be glad to see him if he comes over into those parts. [Partly in cypher].
- TNA SP 12/107, 34. 1575/6 Feb 19: Petition of Richard Maie, clothier of Worcester, "who gave unto your Majestie the finest clothe in the worlde," to the Queen. Desires restitution of 200 marks lent to the wife of the Bishop of Hereford, on the promise of repayment out of a benefice, which he has never received.
- TNA SP 12/107, 35. 1575/6 Feb 19: Grant of reprieve to John Ovare, found guilty and condemned to death for robbery.
- TNA SP 12/107, 36. 1575/6 Feb 19: Bishop Cox to Burghley. Proposes the issuing of a commission for the appeasing of the controversies yet remaining in St. John's College, Cambridge.
- TNA SP 12/107, 37. 1575/6 Feb 20: Articles by John Pryce, the Queen's attorney in the Marches of Wales, of the imperfections in the service there, to the Queen's prejudice.
- TNA SP 12/107, 38. 1575/6 Feb 24: Edmund Grindall, Archbishop of Canterbury, to the Queen. Notifies the grant of a subsidy from the clergy. Lat.
- TNA SP 12/107, 39. 1575/6 Feb: Notes of the liberties of the town of Queenborough, extracted from the charter.
- TNA SP 12/107, 40. 1575/6 Feb?: Articles agreed upon by the whole clergy of the province of Canterbury in the Convocation held at Westminster, in the year 1575, touching the admission of apt and fit persons for the ministry, and the establishment of good order in the Church.
- TNA SP 12/107, 41. 1575/6 Feb?: Answer to objections for the restitution of a portion of the temporalities of the See of Canterbury. [Indorsed by Grindall "Answar of objections for my restitution."]
- TNA SP 12/107, 42. 1575/6 Feb?: A paper headed "Reformatyons proponed in Parliament by the Queene's Majestie in favour of justice and of hir welbeloved subjectes"—viz., digest of the common law, choice of juries, tythes, excommunications, Court of Almoners, &c.
- TNA SP 12/107, 43. 1575/6 Feb: An act for the more equal and speedy rating and collecting of charges and contributions for services in the country.
- TNA SP 12/107, 44. 1575/6 Feb?: Extracts from the Patent Rolls, in proof of the authority possessed and exercised by the Bishops of Durham, in the County Palatine of Chester, &c.
- TNA SP 12/107, 45. 1575/6 Feb?: Heads of several bills in various stages in the Lower House.
- TNA SP 12/107, 46. 1575/6 Feb?: Note of bills in the Upper House of Parliament.
- TNA SP 12/107, 47. 1575/6 Feb?: Device for a bill for granting duties for maintenance of the harbours at Rye and Winchelsea, and for repairing Dover haven.
Navigate to next page: 1575/6 March