|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1574 May
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 97 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/SP12%5F97/
- TNA SP 12/97, 1. 1574 June 1? Instructions given by the Queen's Majesty to her right trusty and right well-beloved cousin and counsellor the Earl of Bedford, Lieutenant of her Counties of Devon and Cornwall and her City of Exeter. To take Musters and put in readiness the whole force of the country, furniture of horse, arms, armour, &c., and for general defence of the same.
- TNA SP 12/97, 2. 1574 June 1. Further instructions to the Earl of Bedford for government of the same counties and city.
- TNA SP 12/97, 3. 1574 June 1. Account of the full furniture of ordnance, brass and iron, shot, and all other munitions and habiliments of war for twenty-four ships now appointed to be sent to sea; together with the charge of the ordnance, &c., to be supplied.
- TNA SP 12/97, 4. 1574 June 1. Account of armour and other things requisite for the furnishing of the said twenty-four ships, and for the repair and mending of the same.
- TNA SP 12/97, 5. 1574 June 1? Abstract drawn out of the above account of provisions for the navy within the Office of Ordnance, showing how much of the same might be spared.
- TNA SP 12/97, 6. 1574 June 6. A paper of intelligence. Conditions whereupon Sir Bryan McPhelim's pledges are delivered to the Earl of Essex. News from Antwerp and Holland. Death of Charles IX., and events in France.
- TNA SP 12/97, 7. 1574 June 6. Thomas Viscount Howard of Bindon, to Lord Admiral Lincoln. Bindon. Sends a certificate of the state of the castles and forts in the County of Dorset. Complains of the number of pirates and sea-robbers frequenting the coast.
- TNA SP 12/97, 8. 1574 June 7. Viscount Bindon, Wm. Lord St. John, and others, to the Council. Report on the condition of the castles and forts in Dorsetshire. Directions given for the better keeping of them. Complaint of pirates on the coast. Incloses TNA SP 12/97, 8. i.
- TNA SP 12/97, 8. i. 1574 June. A certificate of the repairs and munition required for the defence of the castles in Dorsetshire.
- TNA SP 12/97, 9. 1574 June 12. Sir John Arundel and Richard Chamond to the Council. Report on Pendennis the castles and forts in the County of Cornwall. Incloses TNA SP 12/97, 9. i.
- TNA SP 12/97, 9. i. 1574 June. Certificate of munition and other things already provided for the defence of various castles in co. Cornwall.
- TNA SP 12/97, 10. 1574 June 13. Note of business propounded in Council.
- TNA SP 12/97, 11. 1574 June 14. Lord Burghley to Francis Walsyngham. The stay of the Queen's fleet has excited alarm. Thinks it had better be ordered to sail to the mouth of the Thames, which is much haunted by pirates. Thanks for his favor to Geo. Blyth.
- TNA SP 12/97, 12. 1574 June 14. Commission to the Earl of Bedford and the Lord President of Wales to raise 1,000 men for service in Ireland, to be furnished with armour and weapons.
- TNA SP 12/97, 13. 1574 June 14. Warrant to the Exchequer for the payment of 1,0001. to the Earl of Bedford, for the sending of certain men into Ireland.
- TNA SP 12/97, 14. 1574 June 14. John Lord Darcy of Chiche, and others, to the Council. St. Osythes. Report on the state of the forts in Essex.
- TNA SP 12/97, 15. 1574 June 18. William Lord Sandys, and others, to the Council. Report on the state Winchester. of the forts in the County of Southampton. Inclosing,
- TNA SP 12/97, 15. i. 1574 June. Certificate of ordnance and munition in the castles and jort in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
- TNA SP 12/97, 16. 1574 June 19. Note of business propounded in the Council. Touching the iron mills, &c.
- TNA SP 12/97, 17. 1574 June 19. Orders set down by the Council, concerning the casting of iron ordnance.
- TNA SP 12/97, 18. 1574 June 21. Lord Burghley to Francis "Walsyngham. Sends letters from Sir James Harington and Mr. Kenelme Digby, with the Council's letters. Requests for Musters in Rutland. Also that a warrant be sent for the payment of 11,0001. to Mr. Spinola. Incloses TNA SP 12/97, 18. i.
- TNA SP 12/97, 18. i. 1574 June. Note of date of Mr. Spinola's bonds.
- TNA SP 12/97, 19. 1574 June 21. Sir Chr. Heydon and Sir Wm. Buttes to the Council. Have not yet received one of the Queen's letters for the Musters. Will however take the Musters. Promise shortly to send the Musters for Norfolk, and forward the certificates. The City of Norwich requires a separate commission.
- TNA SP 12/97, 20. 1574 June 29. Note of business propounded in Council, touching pirates, &c.
- TNA SP 12/97, 21 1574 June. 21. Instruction by Queen Elizabeth to Sir Henry Sydney, Lord President of Her Majesty's Council within Her Dominion and Principality of Wales, and the Marches of the same; and to all mentioned and appointed to be of the said Council.
- TNA SP 12/97, 22 1574 June. 22. The names of those that are appointed to be of the Queen's Majesty's Council in the Principality and Marches of Wales.
- TNA SP 12/97, 23. 1574 June? Petition of John Vaughan, of the Isle of Wight, to Walsyngham. Requesting that he may be freed from his imprisonment, having been confined for seventeen weeks.
- TNA SP 12/97, 24. 1574 June? Petition of the Mayor, &c., of Newcastle to the Queen. To have the castle of Tynemouth united to their Corporation, for which they would discharge Her Majesty of 400 marks yearly, payable by her for keeping the castle in repair.
- TNA SP 12/97, 25. 1574 June? Petition of John Langrake, Merchant, of Colchester, to the Council. Complaining that his ship the "Marygold," had been robbed and spoiled by certain Frenchmen from Dieppe; and soliciting the arrest of the first ship that may arrive from that port.
Navigate to next page: 1574 July