|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1574/5 February
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 103 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/103%5F%281575%29/
- TNA SP 12/103, 14. 1574/5 March 7. Robt. Garrett, and others, Fellows of Queen's College to Burghley and Sir Thomas Smith. State the real cause of the expulsion of Mr. Jones, was that of his not being able to clear his college accounts when called upon by the Master.
- TNA SP 12/103, 15. 1574/5 March 9. Earl of Leicester to Secretary Walsyngham. The Queen desires further examination to be made by Lord Burghley, Walsyngham, and Sir W. Mildmay in the affair mentioned. No determination has been come to respecting the Irish affairs.
- TNA SP 12/103, 16. 1574/5 March 10. Walsyngham to Leicester. Has received the Queen's directions London. that the parties accused by the stationer should be arrested and examined. Fears no good will come of that course. Laments there had been no determination respecting Ireland, and proposes the Earl of Essex to be recalled. Recommends that an ambassador be immediately sent to Scotland.
- TNA SP 12/103, 17. 1574/5 March 20. Walsyngham to Leicester. Informs him of all that had taken place respecting the league with Denmark. Little good can be expected from sending an ambassador into Scotland, unless some concessions were made by Her Majesty.
- TNA SP 12/103, 18. 1574/5 March 25. Dr. Andrew Perne to Lord Burghley. Sends the evidence relative to Mr. Jones. Reminds him that the works on law and medicine, which he promised to send to the University library, have not been received. Enumerates many liberal gifts made to the library by the Archbp. of Canterbury and others. Incloses TNA SP 12/103, 18. i. and ii.
- TNA SP 12/103, 18. i. 1574/5 Depositions of various Fellows of Queen's College, taken before Dr. Perne, Vice-Chancellor, respecting the expulsion of Mr. Jones, late Fellow and Bursar of the College; with copy of certain statutes of the College, relative to the case of Mr. Jones.
- TNA SP 12/103, 18. ii. 1574/5 Depositions of various Fellows of Queen's College, taken before Dr. Perne, Vice-Chancellor, respecting the expulsion of Mr. Jones, late Fellow and Bursar of the College; with copy of certain statutes of the College, relative to the case of Mr. Jones.
- TNA SP 12/103, 19. 1574/5 March 28. John Vaughan to [Burghley?]. Reports the quantity of corn shipped for Ireland on the commissions of Edward Waterhouse and Tho. Sackford. Great frauds committed by variation in the quantity and contents of the bushel measure.
- TNA SP 12/103, 20. 1574/5 March 30. Wm. Herlle to Burghley. Events in Germany and the Low Countries. Sends the licence for exportation of 2,000 cloths granted to Paul Buys and his colleagues.
- TNA SP 12/103, 21. 1574/5 March 31. The Wardens of the Bakers to Lord Burghley. Certify that the foreign corn in the Bridgehouse was unsound and not fit for use.
- TNA SP 12/103, 22. 1574/5 March 31. Jas. Hawys, Lord Mayor of London, to Lord Burghley. Requests licence for the transportation of 400 quarters of damaged wheat without duty now lodged in the Bridgehouse.
- TNA SP 12/103, 23. 1574/5 March? Complaint against some person for serving writs upon scholars of Cambridge, and taking money not to prosecute them, and for contempt offered to the Vice-Chancellor.
Navigate to next page: 1575 April