|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 93 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/SP12%5F93/
- TNA SP 12/93, 9. 1573. Book containing lists of the Sheriffs in England and Wales; lists of the members of the Council of the North; and of the Justices of Assize and Justices of Peace in the several counties of England and Wales. [Indorsed, Liber Pacis de Anno Regni Regina Elizabeth Sexto-Decimo. 1573.]
- TNA SP 12/93, 10. 1573. Certificate of the names of the Dean and Prebendaries of Christ's Church, Canterbury, and of the servants and men belonging to them able to bear arms.
- TNA SP 12/93, 11. 1573? Grant to Edmund Powell of pardon and remission of the fine of 3,000 marks, on condition of paying the sum of 20l. a year for his life.
- TNA SP 12/93, 12. 1573? Petition for a grant to John Giles of pardon, and for his readmission into the Company of Merchant Adventurers of England, notwithstanding his having intermarried with Anne Hack, a native of Antwerp, in Brabant.
- TNA SP 12/93, 13. 1573? Note of goods lost by Thomas Castelyn, merchant of London, taken by the Flushingers. [Indorsed "An ould matter dealt in "by Danyell Rogers at his late beynge in Flanders."]
- TNA SP 12/93, 14. 1573? Abstract of the whole number of able men in the several counties of England fit for Her Majesty's service; in all 202,004.
- TNA SP 12/93, 15. 1573? Declaration of certain English merchants trading to Antwerp, touching the violation of their ancient privileges.
- TNA SP 12/93, 16. 1573? Particulars of the lands belonging to Lord Cheyne in the Isle of Sheppey; and of the quantity and amount sold to the Queen and others.
- TNA SP 12/93, 17. 1573? State of the case touching the advowson of Sampford Peverel in in Devonshire, within the diocese of Exeter, Sir Amias Poulet being the very patron. Also, state of the case of the parsonage of South Petherton.
- TNA SP 12/93, 18. 1573? Copies of instructions, commissions, letters, &c. for taking the General Musters of the realm, firing and defence of the beacons, &c. from 1544 to 1573. [This appears to have been part of a book. The most important entry is that in 1573, which is probably the commission, and instructions for the Musters of the 14th of March in that year, and is often referred to.]
- TNA SP 12/93, 19. 1573? The Countess of Shrewsbury to. That they were all in good health. Expresses her wishes for him to write a letter to her son, according to the purport she dictates.
- TNA SP 12/93, 20. 1573? Exposition of the tenets and opinions of Dr. Martin [Luther] and his followers.
- TNA SP 12/93, 21. 1573? Petition of William Aldwen to the Council. Acknowledges that he has offended God and the Queen's Majesty in matters of religion, for which he is heartily sorry, and prays for pardon.
- TNA SP 12/93, 22. 1573? Petition of the Mayor, &c. of Rye, to the Council. For aid in the repair of the puddle and creek of Rye, which will be done for the sum of 3,000l.
- TNA SP 12/93, 23. 1573? Petition of Thos. Manley, son and heir apparent of Wm. Manley, to hold the manor of Wettenhall, co. Chester, in farm, till livery of the same be legally sued, and that the intruders therein may be ordered to account for the same.
- TNA SP 12/93, 24. 1573? Petition of Wm. Hill, prisoner in the Fleet, to the Council. Complains of the obduracy of some of his creditors, who had kept him in prison for above eighteen months. Prays some course may be taken with them for his relief.
- TNA SP 12/93, 25. 1573? Things necessary to be resolved on by Council before the coinage can be proceeded in. Whether it shall be done by the Officers of the Mint, or by the Hayes, according to their offer.
- TNA SP 12/93, 26. 1573? Orders and regulations extracted from Stat. 5 Eliz. cap. 4., touching artificers, labourers, servants of husbandry, apprentices, &c., with notes and observations showing the evil effects of the nonobservance of the said Act.
- TNA SP 12/93, 27. 1573? Note of the causes why both lawful and unlawful artificers desire to have the statute touching them to be put in execution and observed.
- TNA SP 12/93, 28. 1573? Note showing that many of the Queen's subjects are put to great trouble and charges in law for unlawfully exercising of occupations.
- TNA SP 12/93, 29. 1573? Note showing that very many and great commodities will arise by means of the suit touching artificers.
- TNA SP 12/93, 30. 1573? Note of the manner how artificers shall sue for their releases and licences; and how they may obtain the same under the Great Seal.
- TNA SP 12/93, 31. 1573? Note of the reasons why lawful artificers desire that unlawful artificers may be licensed to continue in their occupations.
- TNA SP 12/93, 32. 1573? Proposal that for the more plain understanding of the suit of artificers, the things desired by them are drawn into three several books.
- TNA SP 12/93, 33. 1573? A book touching a proclamation for the execution of the statute of artificers; with a draft of the proposed proclamation.
- TNA SP 12/93, 34. 1573? A book for erecting of an office and officer to register apprentices' indentures, and to make and keep such records as are necessary for the observation of the statute; with a note of the articles and branches of the Stat. 5 Eliz. cap. 4, touching artificers, whereupon the erecting of this office and officer is chiefly grounded.
- TNA SP 12/93, 35. 1573? A book touching a grant from the Queen, that for divers considerations certain artificers, who have unlawfully entered into occupations, &c, may be licensed to continue in the said occupations still; with draft of Letters Patent in conformity thereto.
- TNA SP 12/93, 36. 1573? Note showing that such of the three books touching artificers as shall in anything appear inconvenient, may either be reformed or wholly rejected, and the other proceed.
- TNA SP 12/93, 37. 1573? Account of the consumption of woods in the clothing parishes in Kent; not accounting for the woods spent by Sir Ric. Barker in his iron works.
Box containing certificates of General Musters in the year 1573, described in their chronological order.
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 94 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/SP12%5F94/
- TNA SP 12/94 No 1. 1573 August 20. May 15.The General Musters of the Borough Town of St. Albans, of all able men, armour, and weapons within the same, taken before John Snape, Mayor, Sir Richard Rede, and others, Commissioners. [See Vol. xciv. Musters, No. 1.]
- TNA SP 12/94 No 2. 1573 June. Certificate of General Musters of all able men, lances, and light horse, within the County of Wilts; taken before the Earl of Pembroke, Sir John Zowche, and others, Commissioners.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 3. 1573 July 8. Certificates of General Musters of able men, &c., for the whole County of Oxford.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 4. 1573 July 14. Certificate by John Rogers, Mayor, Sir Henry Ashley, and others, of the Musters for the town and county of Poole, co. Dorset.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 5. 1573 July 31. Certificate of the Musters for the City of Oxford and suburbs of the same.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 6. 1573 August 26. Certificate by Sir Andrew Corbett, and others, of Musters and view of armour for the town of Ludlow, co. Salop.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 7. 1573 August 27. Certificate of demi-lances, light horse, &c., within several Hundreds in the County of Berks, mustered at Abingdon.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 8. 1573 August 20. Similar certificate for other Hundreds in the County of Berks.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 9. 1573 August 20. Brief extract of all the demi-lances and light horse the County of Berks.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 10. 1573 August 20. Brief extract of all the General Musters, as well of all the men, as also of all armour and furniture meet for footmen, within the County of Berks.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 11. 1573 September 3. Certificate of the Musters of able men from 16 to 60 years of age within the City of Bristol.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 12. 1573 September 3. Certificate of Musters for the town and liberties of Lynn-Regis in the County of Norfolk; taken the 3rd of September.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 13. Oct. 12.Certificate of all the able horse and geldings now ready furnished, with armour and shot, in the County of Surrey.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 14. 1573 November 2. Certificate of the number of common soldiers without armour in the County of Chester, amounting to 2,063 able men: and also, a muster book containing the names and number of all knights, esquires, gentlemen, and freeholders within the County of Chester, with the horses, armour, and other furniture; amounting to 937 men.
- TNA SP 12/94 No 15. 1573 November. Certificates of the General Musters for the whole County of Southampton.