|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1572 December
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 90 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/SP12%5F90/
- TNA SP 12/90, 17. 1572. Certificate of the state of Dover Castle and other forts and garrisons on the sea coasts of the County of Kent, with estimate of men and arms requisite for their defence.
- TNA SP 12/90, 18. 1572. Names of the noblemen, gentlemen, yeomen, and chief franklins within the County of Southampton, with note of every of their dispositions.
- TNA SP 12/90, 19. 1572 Estimate for certain new buildings to be erected and set up at Woolwich by Mr. Allen, the Queen's Majesty's merchant.
- TNA SP 12/90, 20. 1572? Tho. Castelyn to ? Recommending the case of some Merchant Adventurers whose cloths had been lost by shipwreck, and who now wished to export the same number free of duty.
- TNA SP 12/90, 21. 1572? Declaration of William Martens of his long and tedious suits in Dantzic, wherein he finds that justice has not been done him by the King of Poland.
- TNA SP 12/90, 22. 1572? Observations and objections to several provisions of the Act 5 Eliz. cap. 8. for tanners; in recommendation of a grant to some person for carrying the said Act into execution.
- TNA SP 12/90, 23. 1572? Proposals for the making of white salt in England; terms demanded by the inventor.
- TNA SP 12/90, 24. 1572? Notes of reasons and proofs for the maintenance of the wine measures, and of the inconvenience that will grow to the whole realm by the innovation now attempted by the Mayor of New Sarum, the wine measure of Salisbury being declared by him to be false.
- TNA SP 12/90, 25. 1572? Plan for the defence of the kingdom; that every gentleman of 500l. a year should keep in readiness for service one man-at-arms well appointed, and so on in like proportion.
- TNA SP 12/90, 26. 1572? Supplication of the bowyers, drawn into articles, praying Her Majesty not to dispense with the last statute made for the bringing in of bowstaves.
- TNA SP 12/90, 27. 1572? Statement of evils that will arise by interruption of commercial intercourse with Flanders. Suggestions for a Diet for settlement of affairs.
- TNA SP 12/90, 28. 1572? Minutes of the licence to be granted to Sir Peter Carew for the exportation of beer, on condition of importing certain quantities of foreign grain into England.
- TNA SP 12/90, 29. 1572? Examination of an Italian whether he was at the conference for the coining of money, or had been in conference with the Bishop of Ross.
- TNA SP 12/90, 30. 1572? Petition of Lewes Ap Owen Ap Mericke to the Council. Complains of having been fraudulently arrested, at the suit of one William Thomas while attending on the Council, on the complaint of certain abuses of bribery within the Counties of Anglesea and Carnarvon.
- TNA SP 12/90, 31. 1572? Statement of the evil dealings of Tho. Keppis, bailiff of your Lordship's manor of Wibosson, in the County of Bedford, in concealments and other practices.
- TNA SP 12/90, 32. 1572? Contents of the Patents made in 34 Hen. VIII. to the inhabitants of Beccles, now surrendered. Particulars of the new grant of incorporation now required.
- TNA SP 12/90, 33. 1572? Petition of William Newe, of Bridgenorth, to Lord Treasurer Burghley. Prays permission to pay by instalments the fine of 20l., levied on his wife Edyth.
- TNA SP 12/90, 34. 1572?: Estimates for the construction of the bridge at the entrance of the town of Portsmouth, with the gate and drawbridge there, and for the bridge of the citadel, by Thomas Frymleye. [Label: Removed to 1585 Aug 3]
- TNA SP 12/90, 35. 1572? Duplicate of TNA SP 12/90, 34.. [Label: Removed to 1585 Aug 3]
- TNA SP 12/90, 36. 1572? Grant by the Queen to Edw., Esq., of the sole privilege of enforcing the Acts 5th & 6th Edward VI. and 13th Eliz., against monopolists, forestallers, and engrossers of corn, and for granting licences to traffic in corn, cattle, and other articles.
- TNA SP 12/90, 37. 1572? Petition of the Company of Woolmen of London to the Lord Treasurer, requesting him to obtain the Queen's permission for taking off the restraint on the trade in wool, by an Act passed in the 5th & 6th years of King Edward VI.
- TNA SP 12/90, 38. 1572? Reasons to dispense, by some convenient licence, with the provisions of the Act of 5 Edw. VI. cap. 7, against buying and selling of wools.
- TNA SP 12/90, 39. 1572? Petition of Richard Southworth to Lord Burghley, requesting him to appoint Sir Edmund Trafford and Sir John Radcliffe to examine his father, Sir John Southworth, whether he had endeavoured to procure him to disinherit his elder brother, Thomas Southworth.
- TNA SP 12/90, 40. 1572? Copy of TNA SP 12/90, 39, nearly verbatim.
- TNA SP 12/90, 41. 1572? Effect of the decree made by Archbishop Warham, 17 Hen. VII. touching the right of the Lord of the Manor of Wimbledon to make seizure of copyhold lands, &c. of the manor, on account of waste committed by the tenant for life. [Indorsed by Burghley "Mr. Wel.—Case."]
- TNA SP 12/90, 42. 1572? Petition of Jan de Beaulieu to the Queen. Complains of the award given in the Admiralty Court in favour of Benedict Spinola, who refuses to submit himself to the arbitration of those appointed by Her Majesty to hear and determine the suit.
- TNA SP 12/90, 43. 1572? Petition of Tho. Kelyng (Saymaster to the Goldsmiths' Hall in London) to the Queen. Has been deprived of his office of Assay Master to the Goldsmiths' Hall by the procurement of Alderman Martyn, for adhering to Her Majesty's standard for silver. Desires to be protected in the faithful discharge of his duty.
- TNA SP 12/90, 44. 1572? Petition of Anthony Gwerras to the Council. Prays for restoration of certain brass pieces cast away within the Liberties of the Earl of Huntingdon.
- TNA SP 12/90, 45. 1572? Information by the Warden and other Officers of the Mint to the Commissioners of the Mint against John Lonyson, Master Worker, who, by his fraudulent practices, had lowered the standard of the gold and silver coinage. [Lonyson's appointment of Master Worker of the Mint is dated 29 April 1572, which see.]
- TNA SP 12/90, 46. 1572? Geometrical analysis of a column of the composite order; a fragment, probably, from some work on architecture.
- TNA SP 12/90, 47. 1572? Extracts from the accompts of Sir Wm. Petre, (late Treasurer of First Fruits and Tenths), and others, relative to the fees received by the Chancellor and Treasurer of the Exchequer.
- TNA SP 12/90, 48. 1572? Petition of Humfrey Ap John and Rynallde Ap John to [Walsyngham ?] against the vexatious suits of Tho. Arrowsmythe, praying for return of their evidences, and that the injunction against them may be dissolved.
Navigate to next page: Anno 15 Elizabeth