|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1572 October
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 90 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/SP12%5F90/
- TNA SP 12/90, 0. 1572 November 3 Letter from Margaret ?Cecil ‘from my howse at Hackney’ to Sir Walter Mildmay.
- TNA SP 12/90, 1. 1572 November 5. John Paulet Marquis of Winchester to the Council. Preparations for putting Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight in a good state of defence. Incloses TNA SP 12/90, 1. i-vi.
- TNA SP 12/90, 1. i. 1572 November. Order taken at Winchester by the Marquis of Winchester, for the better relief of Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight.
- TNA SP 12/90, 1. ii. 1572 November. A certificate of the forces in various Hundreds appointed for the defence of the town and island of Portsmouth.
- TNA SP 12/90, 1. iii. 1572 November. A certificate of the forces appointed for relief of the Isle of Wight.
- TNA SP 12/90, 1. iv. 1572 November. Schedule of forces in various Hundreds appointed to guard the coasts of Hampshire.
- TNA SP 12/90, 1. v. 1572 November. Schedule of forces for defence of the body of the shire, to repair to places where attempts shall be offered.
- TNA SP 12/90, 1. vi. 1572 November. Schedule of boats appointed in several parts, for conveying men into the Isle of Wight, upon any attempt.
- TNA SP 12/90, 2. 1572 November 19. Sir Henry Sydney to Lord Burghley. Thanks for his warrant for his entertainment in Ireland. Justifies the course he has pursued as to selection of Sheriffs for Wales; and enters into particulars relative to many of the gentlemen he has nominated.
- TNA SP 12/90, 3. 1572 November 20. Sir Henry Sydney to the Council. Exonerates himself from the unjust imputations made on him, in his return of persons for Sheriffs in Wales. Ludlow Castle. Incloses TNA SP 12/90, 3. i-ii.
- TNA SP 12/90, 3. i. 1572 November. Return of persons nominated for Sheriffs for Wales made to the Lord Keeper to be presented to Her Majesty.
- TNA SP 12/90, 3. ii. 1572 November. Roll by the Justices of Assize of persons returned for Sheriffs for Wales.
- TNA SP 12/90, 4. 1572 November 5. Indenture of an agreement between Thomas Henneage of the Queen's Chamber and Peter Vavasour of the Middle Temple, for surrender of all Vavasour's estate and interests in Thornton, houses and other lands in Yorkshire, to the said Tho. Henneage.
- TNA SP 12/90, 5. 1572 November 25. Sir Richard Fenys to Lord Burghley. Complains of the wrong interpretation of Bishop Wyckham's statutes to the prejudice of New College, Oxford. Doubts the right of Edw. Wykeham to bear the arms of Bishop Wyckham. Incloses TNA SP 12/90, 5. i-ii.
- TNA SP 12/90, 5. i. 1572 November. Articles relating to the breach of certain orders and statutes relative to the Elections of Scholars of Winchester College.
- TNA SP 12/90, 5. ii. 1572 November. Copy of part of Bishop Wykeham's statutes relating to the Election of Scholars of Winchester College. Lat.
- TNA SP 12/90, 6. 1572 November 29. Sir Richard Fenys to Lord Burghley. Requests the appointment of two civil and two temporal lawyers, with two heralds, to hear the claim between himself and Mr. Wykham.
- TNA SP 12/90, 7. 1572 November. Notes for the Solicitor-General of the case in Chancery between Mr. Alford, plaintiff, and Mr. Lodovike Grevell, defendant, and Mr. W. Porter, as to fraudulent conveyance of lands at Ashton, &c.
Navigate to next page: 1572 December