|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: 1568 June
Digital images of TNA SP 12 volume 47 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/SP12%5F47/
- TNA SP 12/47, 1. 1568 July 1. Estimate of repairs to be executed at the glazing mill and Mr. Kelke's house, certified by T. Stockett, surveyor.
- TNA SP 12/47, 2. 1568 July 3. Marq. of Winchester to Sir Wm. Cecil. The Company of the Stillyard have shipped 5,000 cloths, and are now suitors for shipping the other 5,000. Speaks in commendation of the Company.
- TNA SP 12/47, 3. 1568 July 4. Archbishop Parker to Sir Wm. Cecil. Requests him to peruse certain letters Concerning the right of England to the superiority of Scotland. The King is not Dominus Hiberniæ but Rex Hiberniæ Such records should be preserved.
- TNA SP 12/47, 4. 1568 July 4. William More to the Council. Forwards a book brought to him by one William Children, dropped by a stranger in a place near Guildford Park, containing an allegation on behalf of the Queen of Scots touching the succession.
- TNA SP 12/47, 5. 1568 July 4. John Dymocke to the Council. Sends intelligence by a Dutchman arrived in a ship from Biscay with letters from merchants in Spain, which were sent to the Spanish Ambassador and opened by him. Desires a renewal of his protection.
- TNA SP 12/47, 6. 1568 July 8. Ric. Popynjay, Surveyor of the Works at Portsmouth, to the Marq. Winchester. Want of money for carrying on the works there; plan of which is sent.
- TNA SP 12/47, 7. 1568 July 8. Submission of William Roper before the Lords of the Privy Council, for having relieved with money certain persons who have departed out of the realm, and who, with others, have printed books against the Queen's supremacy and government.
- TNA SP 12/47, 8. 1568 July 9. Petition of Hadrianus Junius to the Queen. For licence to transport sixty dickers of leather in recompence for his publication of the Greek author Eunapius. Latin. [Probably Eunapius de Vitis Philosophorum et Sophistorum. Antv: 1568.]
- TNA SP 12/47, 9. 1568 July 9. Latin verses by Hadrianus Junius, in honour of Cecil. Desires his assistance in the furtherance of his suit to the Queen. Praise of Lady Cecil, &c. [Five pieces.]
- TNA SP 12/47, 10. 1568 July 10. Wm. Humfrey to Cecil. Has delivered up his books and accounts to Mr. Auditor Coddenham, by which all charges will appear relative to the calamine works.
- TNA SP 12/47, 11. 1568 July 11. Wm. Humfrey to Cecil. Impediments which the mineral works sustain for want of funds. Proposes an assessment of 40l, each.
- TNA SP 12/47, 12. 1568 July 13. Archbishop Parker to the Council. Sir John Southworth has been with him, but refuses to subscribe to the form of submission tendered to him. Incloses TNA SP 12/47, 12. i.
- TNA SP 12/47, 12. i. 1568 July. The submission tendered to Sir John Southworth, expressing his contrition for having disobeyed the Ecclesiastical Laws of the realm, and relieved certain priests who have refused the ministry and spoken against the present state of religion.
- TNA SP 12/47, 13. 1568 July 14. Sir Wm. Garrard and Sir Thomas Offley to Sir Wm. Cecil. Measures necessary to promote the lottery. The matter should be recommended to the Justices of Assize, &c. and be published to the commonalty at large. [The great lottery was for raising a sum of money for reparation of the havens of the realm. Five proclamations upon the subject were issued.]
- TNA SP 12/47, 14. 1568 July 15. Tho. Thurland to same. Has received his letter complaining of his having departed from London without taking leave. Explains the circumstances of that omission. Transactions in mining operations detailed.
- TNA SP 12/47, 15. 1568 July 16. Dr. Walter Haddon to same. Has examined the matter between Wilson and Bent. Bent made an untrue report of his case. The Spanish Ambassador is greatly incensed and utters great threats. Reminds him of the venison.
- TNA SP 12/47, 16. 1568 July 19. Lord Cobham to same. Reports intelligence received from places on the French coast, Boulogne, Calais, &c. Two French spies are in London.
- TNA SP 12/47, 17. 1568 July 19. Marq. of Winchester to same. Repairs necessary at the Exchequer and the Great Tower in the Tower of London for preservation of the records. Estimate of the cost.
- TNA SP 12/47, 18. 1568 July 20. A MS. intituled "Tractatus Noni Anni Cicli Solaris Bissextilis,' attested by Mathew de Questor, Notary Publick. Latin.
- TNA SP 12/47, 19. 1568 July 21. Sir Wm. Cecil to the Lord Mayor of London. To return a true certificate of the names and profession of all such foreigners as have arrived in London since the last inquisition.
- TNA SP 12/47, 20. 1568 July 21. The Queen to the Earl of Leicester, Robt. Bishop of Winchester, Sir Wm. Cecil, and others. Commission for visitation of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Latin.
- TNA SP 12/47, 21. 1568 July 22. Hieronymus Jerlitus, Minister of the Italian Church, to Cecil. Recommends Raphael Vanden Putte to be appointed Post Master for the foreigners. Latin.
- TNA SP 12/47, 22. 1568 July 22. Jean Cousen, Minister of the French Church, to same. Testimonial in favour of Raphael du Puitz [Van den putte] for the same office. French.
- TNA SP 12/47, 23. 1568 July 23. to Sir Wm. Cecil. Narrates the fearful judgments of God upon Kings and Rules who contemn his word; particularly in the cases of Scotland and Flanders. Indorsed by Cecil, "a l[ette]re of "an unknown p[er]sõ of zeale."
- TNA SP 12/47, 24. 1568 July 25. Merchant Strangers to same. Have elected and recommend Godfrey Marshall to be their Post Master instead of Raphael Vanden Putte.
- TNA SP 12/47, 25. 1568 July 25. Latin verses, by Thos. Wilson, addressed to Sir Wm. Cecil, on his recent sickness..
- TNA SP 12/47, 26. 1568 July 26. List of certain ships of Newcastle-upon-Tyne stayed at Dantzic.
- TNA SP 12/47, 27. 1568 July. F. Alen (Clerk of the Council) to Cecil. Informs him the nobleman's name who comes as Ambassador from Spain, is Don Guerau de Spes. The Queen will not remove from Hatfield till next Friday.
- TNA SP 12/47, 28. 1568 July 30. Sir Roger Martyn Lord Mayor to Cecil. Relative to the Strangers. Incloses TNA SP 12/47, 28. i.
- TNA SP 12/47, 28. i. 1568 July. Certificate of all strangers that had arrived in London and suburbs, either for religion or any other cause, since the 20th March last.
Navigate to next page: 1568 August