|This page is part of the Elizabethan State Papers Project|
Navigate to Previous page: Anno 9 Elizabeth
The digital images of SP12 Volume 42 are here http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT7/SP12/SP12%5F42/
- TNA SP 12/42, 1. 1566/7 January 10. Robert Keyllwey, Surveyor of the Court of Wards, to Cecil. Observations on the cause of Sherman and Brereton. Incloses TNA SP 12/42, 1. i.
- TNA SP 12/42, 1. i. 1566 November 20. Case to be submitted to the Master, &c. of the Court of Wards, between the Queen and Thos. Brereton, relative to the manor of Whetnal, Chester.
- TNA SP 12/42, 2. 1566/7 January 10? Commission by the Queen to Lord Chidiock Powlett, Sir Robt. Oxenbridge, and others, touching inquiry into concealed lands belonging to suppressed religious houses, within the counties of Southampton and Berks.
- TNA SP 12/42, 3. 1566/7 January 11. The Queen to Lord Keeper Bacon. Desires he will put the Great Seal of England to a proclamation for apprehending certain Frenchmen who have attacked and spoiled the island of Madeira.
- TNA SP 12/42, 4. 1566/7 January 11. Proclamation for staying young Montlue, who, under pretence of trafficking by sea, has invaded the island of Madeira, belonging to the King of Portugal.
- TNA SP 12/42, 5. 1566/7 January 24. Sir Wm. Garrard and Rowland Hawarde to Cecil. Sends answer to Mr. Gylbarte's articles. Incloses TNA SP 12/42, 5. i.
- TNA SP 12/42, 5. i. 1566/7 January. Answer of the Company of Merchant Adventurers to the requests made by Mr. Gylbarte to be allowed two of the Queen's ships to be employed in the voyage he proposes to undertake.
- TNA SP 12/42, 6. 1566/7 January 24. Account of sums of money for which the Queen's warrants are to be procured for various public works and services, principally for the Navy.
- TNA SP 12/42, 7. 1566/7 January 25. Bishop Horn to Cecil. Recommends one Mr. Whitgift "a "man honest and verye well learned" to be promoted to the deanery of Canterbury, or some other preferment of the late Dr. Wootton's; and for Dr. White to be made a Bishop.
- TNA SP 12/42, 8. 1566/7 January 25. John Wells to Cecil. Regrets extremely to hear of his illness. Expresses great attachment. Latin.
- TNA SP 12/42, 9. 1566/7 January 29. John Bland to Wm. Wynter and Edw. Baeshe. Gives an account of his proceedings in procuring a store of provisions at Liverpool. News by a passenger from Ireland. [From Lerpool = Liverpool.]
Navigate to next page: 1566/7 February