- Veterans Resource Directory
- Veterans Online Application
- Texas Armed Services Scholarship
- Military Scholarships and Grants
- Paralyzed Veterans of America's Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Wounded Warrior Project's "Warriors to Work"
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Benefits for Texas Veterans
- Texas Veterans Home, Land, & Home Improvement Loans
- National Military Family Association
- Center for Women Veterans
- VA HealtheVet
- Emergency Assistance
- Frequently Asked Questions
Veterans Collegiate Society
The Veterans Collegiate Society (VCS) at the University of Houston represents the 1,000-plus student veterans, active duty military students, Reserve and National Guard students, their spouses and dependents and any University of Houston student interested in bettering the campus experience of veterans.
Membership is open to anyone who wants to make a difference and improve the conditions and quality of life for student veterans. We strive to ensure student veterans have a voice within the campus community. The VCS operates out of the Veterans' Services Office at the University of Houston. The VCS works in conjunction with the VSO and supports and staffs various events throughout the year, such as the Veterans' History Project; Entrepreneurship and the 21st Century Veteran; Veterans' Benefits and Resource Fair; and Veterans Awareness Week and Honors Ceremony.
Members of the VCS include students from every major and discipline at the University of Houston. Our mission is to provide a network for student veterans at the University of Houston to provide academic and personal support, access to benefits, and cooperation with government agencies and organizations at all levels.
The VCS holds three general meetings each semester, where officers, members, and guests discuss the current and most important issues of student veterans and ways to improve their college experience. Also discussed are current organizational events and future events. Elections to fill the six officer positions are held every April.