On behalf of UH Veteran Services, we welcome you to the University of Houston. We are proud that you chose the University of Houston to pursue your academic goals. This is an exciting time to be a military-connected student in higher education. You are joining a student body that is recognized for its academic abilities, drive, and innovation. As a prospective or newly accepted military-connected student, we are honored to offer you our unwavering support.
UH Veteran Services pledges to ensure that military-connected students have the highest level of support by offering programs and services that include:
- Professional and student staff with a wealth of knowledge and experience regarding military benefits and the transition from service into higher education
- Advocacy and supportive services for academic, psychological, financial, vocational, and academic challenges
- Information on University policies and procedures, federal and state education benefits, and all changes to legislation that affect veterans
- Camaraderie, peer-to-peer mentoring, and peer tutors
- Student engagement through a comfortable and casual space on the UH campus for students to study, relax, and network, with facilities that include a computer lab, study space, copier and kitchenette; and
- Referrals to the Veterans Administration, other University departments, and community organizations.
In addition to facilitating a smooth transition from military to classroom, we also focus on the transition towards employment after graduation. We offer resources for networking opportunities, collaborate with campus career services to bring you military and veteran career fairs, and invite Houston's top Industry leaders to help with resume development to help you successfully transition into the workforce.
We are confident that you will enjoy your time here at UH, and that you will ultimately graduate with the skills necessary to take on new challenges and opportunities. Please remember that Veteran Services is here to serve you! If you ever need anything during your tenure at UH, please feel free to contact us. Welcome to our Coog Vet Family!
Celina A. Dugas, Program Director II