The Undergraduate Committee is the academic governance committee charged with the responsibility of advising the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost about the qualitative development of undergraduate programs and activities, recommending changes in existing policies or suggesting the need for new ones, and approving new courses, course changes and/or deletions for final approval by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Specifically the Undergraduate Committee will work with the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Studies in advising the Senior Vice President about matters pertaining to:
- The strengthening and assessment of undergraduate academic programs and curriculum offerings;
- The setting of standards and priorities leading to academic excellence;
- The monitoring of college and departmental requirements for baccalaureate degrees;
- The stimulation and assessment of excellence in teaching;
- The development and implementation of strategies for the recruitment and retention of undergraduate students;
- The implementation of crucial recommendations from any campus level, and the impact on the undergraduate student;
- The refinement and monitoring of admission criteria and process particularly for target populations;
- Any other matters pertaining to or having an impact on undergraduate education.