Representing experts across various fields, University of Houston sources have expertise in an array of topics related to storms – before, during and after.
History Department Hosts Graduate Research Colloquium
The colloquium provides a forum in which the department’s M.A. and Ph.D. candidates discuss their current research with fellow students and faculty. The department also welcomes the participation of undergraduate history majors and the general public.
All sessions will take place in from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays in Agnes Arnold Hall, Room 549 unless otherwise noted or subsequently changed.
Fall schedule for the research colloquium:
25 Oct. Art and Literature as History
- Clarissa Hinojosa "Justice Overdue: An Historically-Based Critical Reinterpretation of Alice Overdo in Ben Jonson's Bartholomew Fair"
- Diana Sanders "St. Denis: Suger's Medium, Suger's Message"
- Dr. Cathy Patterson Comment
- Dr. Sally Vaughn Comment
29 Nov. American Politics and Race
- Issac Hampton "Black Army Officers during the Vietnam Era"
- Nicholas Cox "Transcendentals, Doughfaces, and Young America"
- Dr. Bob Buzzanco Comment