You Can't Win If You Don't Enter:UH Seeks Emergency Contact Into
June 11, 2007
As the University of Houston continues to enhance its emergency management plan, administrators are encouraging all staff and faculty to update their emergency contact information. This will enable the university to notify employees — whether they are on or off campus — about school closings or other crises.
More than 3,200 faculty, staff and students who updated their personal contact information online from May 3-14 were eligible to participate in a drawing for 10 Apple iPods. Drawings for two Apple iPods — one for faculty and one for staff — will continue each month throughout the summer and into the fall semester.
Winners of First Drawing
- Aaron-Andrew P. Bruhl
- Abraham Camarillo
- Zade Ali Faraj
- Chelsea Marie Konerza
- Pamela Nicole Marshall
- Charles Robert Matthew
- Ralph W. Metcalfe
- Anthony Hai Pham
- Lynne Steinberg
- Thomas Larry Whitley
Faculty, staff and students can still update their contact information, including home and cell phone numbers and personal e-mail addresses, on the Human Resources P.A.S.S. system. Listed below are instructions for accessing and updating contact information.
- To update and add information to your personal contact file, log in to P.A.S.S. at https://my.uh.edu/PASS.
- You will need your UH ID number to log in to the site. Your ID number is located on your paycheck or paycheck receipt. If this is your first time logging in, or you forgot your password, click Forgot Your Password and enter your ID number and date of birth. You will automatically receive a new password in your UH e-mail.
- Once you have your new password, go back to https://my.uh.edu/PASS, log in, and click the P.A.S.S. site link on the top left side of the page.
- You are now in the P.A.S.S. Self Service site. The left hand column offers navigation links, including Personal Information. Clicking this link gives you a pull down menu including e-mail addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
- Click on each of these to make your additions for home phones, cell phones and home e-mail addresses.
- Special note: Please make sure there is an e-mail address listed in the Destination box (ex. email@example.com). This is required for your business e-mail to work correctly. If this box is empty, contact the UH IT Help Desk at ext. 3-1411 to identify your correct destination e-mail address.
- Please update your emergency contacts information as well. If possible, also add a contact who is out of town or out of state in case of evacuation.
- Be sure and click on the Save button after each addition to your personal contact information. You can now log out.
- Once you log out, your information will be available for use in case of an emergency.