Forecasters predict as many as four to eight hurricanes this year. University of Houston resources have expertise in a variety of topics related to storms – before, during and after.
Metro Changes Routes Near UH
“We are working hard to ensure that the university community is aware of the changes, since some of our students, faculty and staff may be affected by the new routes,” said James Anderson, executive associate to the chancellor/president for community relations.
The new routes are the following:
- UH/Texas Southern University Route 29: Tierwester to Alabama to Scott streets.
- Cullen Boulevard Route 30: Cullen to Wheeler Avenue to Scott.
- Holman Street Route 42: Holman Street to Cullen to Elgin Boulevard to Lockwood and Ernestine streets.
- The Brays Bayou Route 68: Blodgett Street near Texas Southern University to Scott to Holman to Cullen to Elgin to Lockwood and Ernestine streets.
- Martin Luther King Route 77: MLK Boulevard to University Drive to Calhoun Road to Lockwood and Ernestine streets and then to Interstate 45.
- Dowling/Lyons Route 80: Holman and circle on Ennis, Cleburne and Tierwester streets to Wheeler Avenue to Calhoun from University Drive and Wheeler Avenue.
- Service north of the Eastwood Transit Center will not be affected by the changes.
- To view a map of the new routes, visit http://www.uh.edu/uhtoday/2007/01jan/metro_brochure.pdf.