Representing experts across various fields, University of Houston sources have expertise in an array of topics related to storms – before, during and after.
'Funny Dances' Spotlights UH Faculty, Student Talents
UH’s annual Faculty Dance Concert begins a three-show run at 8 p.m. Friday, April 20, at UH’s Lyndall Finley Wortham Theatre. Titled “Funny Dances,” the concert will feature the works of UH’s dance faculty and other choreographers.
- Becky Valls, UH dance instructor, will revisit “On the Wing,” which was featured in the recent “Weekend of Texas Contemporary Dance” at Miller Outdoor Theatre.
- Karen Stokes, UH director of dance, presents “Shall We?” – a humorous look at the trepidation experienced by couples headed toward marriage.
- Sophia Torres, artistic director of Psophonia Dance Company, presents an original work exploring why seemingly ordinary people take drastic actions that have devastating consequences.
- Leslie Scates, Houston’s leading creator of improvisational works, presents “12for13,” performed by ENSEMBLE, UH’s performing, repertory company.
- Kelly Knox, a native Houstonian and visiting choreographer from Bucknell University, presents a new piece set to music by Blue Man Group and performed by the women of ENSEMBLE.
- Teresa Chapman, UH dance instructor, presents “Shift,” performed by an-male trio and “Just Another Day,” a new dramatic work featuring superheroes
This event is open to the public. Tickets are $8 if purchased in advance and $10 at the door. To reach the box office, call 713-743-2929.
|WHEN:||8 p.m. Friday, April 20 – Saturday, April 21; 2 p.m. Sunday, April 22|
|WHERE:||Lyndall Finley Wortham Theatre in the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts at UH
University of Houston - Entrance 16
|WHO:||University of Houston School of Theatre & Dance|