What is the UH Energy Ambassador Program?
UH Energy selects a diverse group of student leaders majoring in an energy-related field to be the student faces of energy on campus. They work with UH Energy to plan, promote and organize events around campus. The Energy Ambassador program is open to energetic student leaders who are passionate about UH Energy. Those selected will meet leaders in the energy industry and gain professional experience and skills that will help them grow in their career.
THIS APPLICATION IS CLOSED AS OF APRIL 1, 2017 AT 12:00AM. Applications submitted between March 1 - 31, 2017 are currently under review.
Benefits of being a UH Energy Ambassador
- $1,000 Scholarship ($500 per semester)
- Position on Energy Coalition Executive Board
- Networking opportunities with UH faculty, staff, and energy industry leaders
- Professional development
- Polo shirt and other UH Energy swag
- Major or minor in an energy-related degree program
- Membership in at least one energy-related student organization on campus
- Full time student, with at least 1 year remaining
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Energetic, outgoing, creative and organized, with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Active on campus and involved with student organizations and activities
- Previous leadership and volunteer experience preferred
- Attend orientation at beginning of Fall semester
- Attend mandatory weekly meetings
- Serve on the Executive Board of the Energy Coalition
- Complete volunteer hours each semester
- Coordinate and attend events sponsored by UH Energy
- Attend 1 day of OTC conference in May
- Volunteer at Energy Symposia held each semester
- Offer UH Energy overview presentations at local middle schools & high schools
- Represent UH Energy at various campus and community events
- Ambassadors are evaluated at the end of the fall semester and rehired for the spring based on their performance
Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2017. Candidates will be notified if they have been selected for an interview by April 7, 2017.