Energy Coalition Board Applications
Love what the Energy Coalition stands for? We are now accepting applications for the 2019 - 2020 board!
EXECUTIVE BOARD POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Energy Coalition (EC) Executive Board consists of a diverse group of 18 student leaders serving in the largest student organization on campus. We serve/represent UH and the implementation of its Energy Initiative to become the Energy University of the Energy Capital of the world.
We plan, promote, and organize huge events around campus with administrative support from UH Energy – Office of the President.
- $1,000 Scholarship ($500 per semester)
- Networking opportunities at our Energy Career Fair, Corporate Dinner, Energy Banquet, and more.
- Mentorship from Senior Leaders in the Energy Industry; Visit UH Energy Advisory Board website to see mentors’ bio.
- Serve as Energy Ambassadors
- Professional development and leadership experience
- Majors from Engineering, Business, NSM, Technology, Law, and Architecture/Design.
- Full-time student, with at least 1 year remaining
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Energetic, outgoing, creative and organized, with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred: Involved with student organizations or previous industry experience
- Preferred: Previous leadership and volunteer experience
9th Annual Summer Institute on Sustainability and Energy
In partnership with Argonne National Laboratory; Clean Energy Trust; Institute for Sustainability & Energy at Northwestern (Northwestern University); Loyola University; UI LABS; University of Chicago; Wanger Institute for Sustainable Energy Research (Illinois Institute of Technology)
The Summer Institute on Sustainability and Energy (SISE) is a two-week "boot camp" for future decision makers eager to join the sustainability and energy revolution happening around the globe. Held annually since 2011, the program boasts over 400 alumni. During weekdays, SISE'ers participate in high-level talks, visit energy and sustainability sites, and network. During evenings and weekends, they work collaboratively on a research project and enjoy exploring Chicago.
This year’s theme, Implementation, moves beyond the “what” to the “how.” Building on the research of previous years, 2019 SISE Fellows will engage with Chicago communities and collaborators to develop critical strategies to help local neighborhoods realize their vision for their future. They will engage with theory and case studies, and then move to the streets and homes of our Chicago neighbors and communities where real change is made at the ground level.
Participants (SISE'ers) from around the country join SISE at the University of Illinois at Chicago. SISE'ers are chosen from a highly competitive pool of applicants from across the country. Diversity is one of the strongest features of the program, with participants representing a broad range of backgrounds and expertise. They live together. They research together. They become a part of our extended and international "SISE family."
Cost and Support
- There is no program fee.
- Lodging is provided for all participants.
- Transportation support is provided to many participants.
How to Apply
- Senior-level undergraduates (as of the fall of 2018), graduate students, recent graduates, and professionals working in the fields of sustainability and energy are eligible to apply
- The application process includes:
- An online application
- A resume/CV
- One letter of recommendation
- A short Skype/Google Hangouts interview
Applications are accepted through May 30, 2019; interviews must be completed by June 15, 2019
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Thomas Aláan, SISE Program Coordinator | email@example.com and/or visit the SISE WEBSITE for more information.
We hope to see you in Chicago this summer!