UH Energy Advisory Board
Underscoring her commitment to make the University of Houston the “go-to partner” for energy-related research, innovation and solutions, President Renu Khator has named 11 global industry leaders to her newly formed UH Energy Advisory Board.
“Our board is made up of acknowledged leaders in the fields of energy development, management and implementation,” Khator said. “I am delighted that they support UH’s efforts to address the diverse research and work-force needs of the energy industry. UH is poised to become ‘The Energy University,’ and the guidance of our board members in achieving that goal is invaluable.”
The advisory board, which will meet quarterly, will be tasked with strategic planning and external coordination. The members include:
- Carol Dinkins, partner with Vinson & Elkins.
- Bernard J. Duroc-Danner, chairman, President and CEO of Weatherford International Ltd.
- John Gibson, president and CEO, CCS Corporation.
- Stephen M. Greenlee, president of ExxonMobil Exploration Company
- John Hofmeister, chairman of the Greater Houston Partnership Energy Collaborative and founder and chief executive officer of Citizens for Affordable Energy.
- Elizabeth Killinger - president of Reliant
- Ryan Lance, chairman and CEO for ConocoPhillips.
- Michael C. Linn, president of MCL Ventures and former Chairman, CEO and President of LINN Energy
- David M. McClanahan, president and chief executive officer of CenterPoint Energy Inc.
- Lamar McKay, chairman and president of BP America Inc.
- Derek Mathieson, president Western Hemisphere Operations of Baker Hughes
- Marvin E. Odum, president of Shell Oil Company and director of Royal Dutch Shell
- Rod Nelson, vice president of Schlumberger Limited.
- H. David Ramm, managing partner, Dymar Development and chair of the UH Energy Advisory Board
- Corbin J. Robertson Jr., chairman and chief executive officer of Natural Resource Partners
- Paul Siegele, president of Chevron Energy Technology Company
- Bruce Williamson, chief executive officer and president at Cleco Corporation
- Jim Wise, managing member, Haddington Energy Partners III GP & IV GP LLC
Formation of the advisory board is the latest step in a series laid out in Khator’s UH Energy Initiative, which aims to capitalize on the region’s and the university’s strategic interests and strengths. Involvement in energy-related initiatives spans virtually every UH college and includes faculty in nearly one dozen disciplines.