Underscoring her commitment to make the University of Houston the “go-to partner” for energy-related research, innovation and solutions, President Renu Khator has named 21 global industry leaders to the UH Energy Advisory Board. “Our board is made up of acknowledged leaders in the fields of energy development, management and implementation,” Khator said. “I am delighted that they support UH’s efforts to address the diverse research and work-force needs of the energy industry. UH is poised to become “the energy university” and the guidance of our board members in achieving that goal is invaluable.”
The advisory board, which meets three times per year, will provide strategic guidance, reputation, external coordination, and industry fundraising for UH’s energy initiative. The advisory board will also help staff advisory sub-committees to help the university develop actionable plans in the areas of education, research and technology incubation.
The Presidential Energy Advisory Board members include:
- Carol E. Dinkins, partner with Vinson & Elkins
- Bernard J. Duroc-Danner, chairman, president and CEO of Weatherford International Ltd.
- John Gibson, president and CEO of Tervita Corporation
- Stephen M. Greenlee, president of ExxonMobil Exploration Company
- John Hofmeister, founder and CEO of Citizens for Affordable Energy
- Badar Khan, president and CEO of Direct Energy
- Elizabeth Killinger, president of Reliant and NRG Retail
- Michael Krancer, partner at Blank Rome LLP
- David M. McClanahan, president and CEO of CenterPoint Energy Inc.
- Derek Mathieson, vice president, Strategy and Corporate Development of Baker Hughes
- John Mingé, chairman and president of BP America Inc. and president and CEO of the Gulf Coast Restoration Organization
- Rod Nelson, corporate officer & VP of Schlumberger Limited and chairman of Schlumberger Technology Corporation
- Marvin E. Odum, president of Shell Oil Company
- H. David Ramm, managing partner of Dymar Development, chairman and CEO of BrightSource Energy Inc., and chair of the UH Energy Advisory Board
- Corbin J. Robertson Jr., chairman and CEO of Natural Resource Partners
- Jeff W. Sheets, executive vice president, Finance, and chief financial officer of ConocoPhillips
- Paul Siegele, chief technology officer and president of Chevron Energy Technology Company
- Bill Swanstrom, partner at Locke Lord LLP
- Lee Tillman, president and CEO of Marathon Oil Corporation
- Bruce Williamson, president and CEO of Cleco Corporation
- Jim P. Wise, managing director of Haddington Ventures LLC