UH Energy selects students majoring or minoring in an energy-related field to be the student faces of energy on campus. They work with UH Energy to plan, promote and organize events around campus. Students will be able to acquire professional skills and meet leaders in the energy industry to help them grow in their career.
Ambassadors are selected for a year of service, and will attend special events sponsored by UH Energy. Ten hours a semester working with UH Energy is required to maintain the scholarship. Current and eligible students may be ambassadors for more than one year.
- Major and/or minor in an energy-related degree program.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Full-time enrollment
- At least one year remaining from time of application to complete degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- High standards of academic honesty and student conduct
- Professional work ethic
- Ability to work a minimum of ten volunteer service hours each semester
- Financial Support
UH Energy Ambassadors will receive scholarship support in the amount of $500 for each semester of service, totaling $1,000 for one year of service.
- Training and Experience
UH Energy Ambassadors will acquire professional and social skills.
- Wardrobe Items
Each Ambassador will receive two embroidered (with the UH Energy logo) polos to wear during events and functions.
- Certificate of Achievement
Ambassadors will receive a certificate of achievement following each one-year term of service.
Typical Responsibilities of UH Energy Ambassadors:
- Attend informational/training meetings including an initial orientation for new Ambassadors
- Attend seminars held by UH Energy
- Attend official dinners
- Attend competitions sponsored by UH Energy
- Help with and attend four official symposium series events
The application deadline for the 2016 - 2017 academic year ends on April 15th at 5:00PM.