4th Annual UH ARTS Open House
UH Arts is hosting their 4th Annual UH Arts Open House on Thursday, October 18th from 2pm-5pm in the Arts District at the University of Houston and you’re invited!
Be sure to carry on the party with the Blaffer Student Association's Red Block Bash from 4pm - 7pm!
Come and be a part of the
arts community here at UH for a day! We would like to
encourage not only all the arts students across campus, but the non-arts
studying students to enjoy the offerings of the event!
Of course, all faculty and staff are encouraged to come out too!
UH ARTS OPEN HOUSE PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
2:00PM – 3:00PM
- JAZZ SEXTET (in the Moores porch area)
2:30PM – 2:45PM
- GLASS MOUNTAIN READINGS (outside Mitchell Center)
2:45PM – 3:05PM
- Glaundor (Improv Comedy - outside Mitchell Center / in grassy area)
3:00PM – 4:00PM
- MSM JAZZ GROUP (in the Moores porch area)
3:10PM – 3:35PM
- Phortasics Improv Comedy (20 minutes outside Mitchell Center / in grassy area)
3:35PM – 4:00PM
- MEN OF MOORES (by the screen printing tables outside the Fine Arts Buildings – facing Moores)
3:35PM – 3:50PM
- GLASS MOUNTAIN READING (Outside Mitchell Center)
4:00PM – 5:00PM
- THE ANTHEM (outside the Mitchell Center)
We’ll also have:
FREE food from FREEB!RDS WORLD BURRITO! (plus free drinks)
Cougar Trading Cards (it’s a RARE card event!!)
Live screenprinting (with Free Tshirts and posters)
Adavance screening of Craft in America (once an hour on the hour) in the Wortham Theatre Lobby. INFO here
Mask Making (for Halloween!)
Tours of Art facilities and Public Art from 3:00PM (including the newly reopened Blaffer Art Museum)
Scavenger hunt for prizes
…. And a whole lot more!!
The Open House goes from 2pm until 5pm in the Arts District (off entrance 16) and The Blaffer Student Association will also be having their Semi-Annual Red Block Bash from 4pm – 7pm in the Fine Arts Courtyard, so the party goes from 2pm-7pm in total!!!