What does UEP stand for?
The Urban Experience Program

What are the requirements to join UEP?
Any University of Houston student can join UEP, and anyone can participate and contribute to our mission.  Our wide array of services are designed to assist the needs of the “whole-student”.  We encourage you to stop by the office for more information on how you can participate with UEP.

Where is UEP located?
We are located at the University of Houston Main Campus in Oberholtzer Hall (Building 559), on the second floor, room 250G.

What type of grants/scholarships are available for UEP students?
We offer our students a need-based grant called the Educational Equity and Leadership Advancement Award (EELAA).

What does “need-based” mean?
We determine students “need” based on information provided by Federal Student Aid.  Included in your financial aid award package, it will display your “Unmet Need”. This amount of unmet need is taken into consideration for awarding of the UEP Educational Equity and Leadership Advancement Award (EELAA).

How do I apply for Financial Aid?
You may apply for Financial Aid by visiting www.fafsa.ed.gov and completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

What if I don’t have “Unmet Need”?
UEP provides numerous services to students, which are available regardless of unmet need.  Call the office or stop by to speak to the Director, Mrs. Raven Jones, and find out how UEP can help you graduate.

Who should I contact if I want to apply for UEP?
You may call the office at 713-743-6032 or email Renee Alsander at lalsander@uh.edu .We also accept walk-ins, so please visit us during business hours, from 8:00am to 5:00pm.

How can I donate to UEP?
If you would like to donate to UEP, please email the Director, Mrs. Raven Jones, at rljones3@uh.edu or stop by our office.