UEP Student Mentoring Program is a collaborative effort between the Urban Experience Program, and Registered Student Organization (RSO)-Rock the Experience. The program pairs third and fourth year students with first and second year students to share their strategies for navigating college successfully.
Student Mentoring Program strives to foster positive peer-mentor relationships that can contribute to a student’s sense of belonging and well-being as well as inspire growth and accomplishment.
Through one-on-one meetings and group socials, SMP seeks to support students by helping them:
- Develop the skill of self-awareness
- Establish a sense of community
- Understand the importance of scholarship, service, and leadership in their undergraduate journey
- Build upon tools and resources they can utilize to enhance their personal and professional success
Mentees who join the program will be paired up with a high-achieving 3rd or 4th year UH students than can help guide them through any challenges they may be facing.
- Mentors will serve as a positive role model in mentees’ lives that can help direct and refer mentees to the right resources.
- Mentors will assist mentees in developing skills that will contribute to their success at UH.
- Opportunity to develop a positive mentor relationship that can:
- Inspire personal and professional growth
- Be a genuine part of your supportive network
- Guide and direct you based on past experiences and knowledge
- Opportunity to develop and enhance leadership and mentoring skills
- Help others learn and progress by sharing your experiences and feedback
- Develop a positive relationship that inspires personal and professional growth
- Be a part of creating a supportive network that genuinely cares about the success of others
For more information regarding the SMP, or how to join, please contact Ms. Jamesia King at firstname.lastname@example.org.