What is the Urban Experience Program?
UEP focuses on the needs of the individual students. UEP represents a dynamic mix of abilities, academic preparation, social, ethnic, national origin, regional, age and gender diversity. Some of the UEP students have personal or family situations that present obstacles to success. Many of the UEP students held multiple jobs this year while maintaining a full-course load.
The Urban Experience Program (UEP) overall goal is to prevent minor obstacles from becoming major setbacks to degree achievement, UEP offers a diversity of services:
- Academic Support: providing a personalized, comprehensive support program for participants to maximize their academic potential
- Counseling is available on an individual basis
- Personal: Referral /liaison for student and other departments on campus
- Tutoring: Tutors are available to assist students in a wide range of academic subjects.
- Financial support
- Skills workshops
- Social enrichment: opportunities for social gatherings are cultural events are provide
To a Diverse group of Students
- 1st Generation
- DACA or TPS
- Graduate Students
These services help improve grades and increase the students' desire for challenges. Students are more assured and even passionate about courses that traditionally induce anxiety. UEP produces well-rounded individuals prepared with the academic, leadership, and work experience needed to enter the professional workforce.