Here’s how you can introduce your brand to students early and often:
Post a job
Posting a position(s) in Cougar Pathways allows way employers to identify, engage and select quality candidates for open career or internship positions. Specific criteria such as major, classification or GPA can be selected to ensure access to a highly qualified pool of applicants.
- The UCS asks that all employers that wish to recruit at UH adhere to the Principals for Professional Practice produced by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, which can be referenced here:
- Principals for Professional Practice: Our office reserves the right to refuse service to employers due to any of the following:
- Requiring at the time of application personal information such as bank account and social security numbers;
- Misrepresentation by dishonest information or absence of information;
- Email accounts such as yahoo, aol and gmail that are not affiliated with the hiring organization;
- O. Box addresses;
- Harassment of students, alumni, or staff;
- Breach of confidentiality;
- Failure to adhere to these Career Center polices and/or any violation of rules and regulations, and local, state, and federal laws
Employer Meet and Greets
Meet & Greets provide employers with an opportunity to showcase their organization and network with UH students and alumni to increase campus brand awareness and attract talented prospective interns and permanent hires. We are open to any creative ideas. Information sessions that have been successful conducted by previous employers are:
- Suture Clinic
- Coding Boot camp
- Scavenger Hunts/outdoor activities
- A Day in the Life Of
- Cyber Security Escape Room
Meet and Greets are typically scheduled Monday-Thursday between the hours of 12:00PM – 1:00PM or 5:00PM to 6:00PM. Our multipurpose room has a capacity to hold 50 people. Refreshments such as sodas, cookies, pizza and hors-d’oeuvres are suggested.
Please schedule your Employer Meet & Greet at least 4 weeks in advance to allow for planning and promotion. Schedule through your Cougar Pathway employer accounts today.
Professional Development Events
Connect with UH talent during our week of interactive workshops, mock interviews and networking events.
Social Media Spotlight #NowHiring
The career service centers offers a weekly opportunity for organizations to be featured on our social media spotlight feature entitled “#NowHiring”.
Attend a Career Event (Career Fair or Networking Event)
Attending a Career Fair is an excellent opportunity to connect with potential employees or interns while also increasing your organization’s brand on campus. Our career fairs typically have 60+ employers and 800+ undergraduate, graduate and alumni students.
Schedule a date and welcome students to your location. Show students what a day in the life at your company is like. Host a tour, hold a panel, introduce your leadership team or provide a job shadow day. Allowing students to experience your company atmosphere is a great way to attract prospective intern and permanent hire candidates.
Sponsor an Event
The Career Service Center’s partner program offers the opportunity for organizations to demonstrate their financial support to the Career Service Center. Partner with us to sponsor career fairs and career education events to enhance your recruitment efforts and brand recognition on campus.