Subscribe to Alumni Career Services (ACS)
Below is a breakdown of the benefits of subscribing to Alumni Career Services. Whether you are looking for an entry-level or management role, changing careers, or thinking about continuing your education, or just want to network at events, we have the tools, services, and resources that can make your transition seamless and successful!
Benefits of a six month Subscription:
- Sessions with an Alumni Career Counselor
- VIP Access at Alumni Career Fairs
- Access to Career Development Workshops/Seminars
- Access to Cougar Pathway Job Postings
- Access to On-Campus Interviews for Alumni
- Access to CareerShift Online Job Search Tool
- Access to Online Career Assessment Tests
- Access to Coog Careers Alumni Newsletter
*Total = $50.00 for six months access!
Meet with an Alumni Career Counselor
Alumni who purchase a subscription can schedule sessions on any topic with an Alumni Career Counselor. Alumni Career Counselors coach, consult, and advise recent graduates and Alumni on various career development topics; how to use our resources and tools strategically, creating a structured job search plan, advise on cover letters and resumes, conduct mock interviews for job interviews and graduate school, administer career assessments and interpretations, etc… No matter your distance, Alumni Career Counselors are available over the phone, via Skype, or in person. Our tools, services, and resources can benefit Coogs anywhere! Click here to view the Alumni Career Services Staff profiles to see who you will be meeting with according to your college, school, or major.
Here is a sample schedule of sessions with an Alumni Career Counselor. You can make your own schedule!
- Session #1: Skype Consultation-Overview of Services*
- Session #2: Resume/Cover Letter Critique
- Session #3: Mock Interview
- Session #4: Networking/CareerShift
- Session #5: Skype-Advising/Coaching
PURCHASING A SUBSCRIPTION WITH ALUMNI CAREER SERVICES
In order to purchase a subscription and gain access to our online services in a timely manner, please follow these quick steps:
Step 1: Register with Alumni Career Services
- Please click here to register with Alumni Career Services. After registering, please follow the instructions for purchasing a subscription.
Step 2: Cougar Pathway and scheduling an appointment
- Once you have purchased a subscription with Alumni Career Services, it will take up to three business days for your account to be created in Cougar Pathway. Cougar Pathway is the main online jobs database and career services portal for the University of Houston. Employers from all fields/industries in Houston and across the nation post opportunities specifically for UH students and alumni in Cougar Pathway. While your account is being created in Cougar Pathway, you will be contacted by an Alumni Career Counselor to set up an appointment either in person or via Skype. Once you have access to Cougar Pathway, you can also schedule appointments there to meet with an Alumni Career Counselor under the “Calendar” tab.
If you have any questions about the process above, please contact Alumni Career Services; firstname.lastname@example.org