Alumni Career Services is proud of your accomplishment of graduating from the University of Houston. We want you to know that we are here to support you through your transition from college to career! Recent Graduates are given the opportunity to use Alumni Career Services for a full semester after graduation for free. This gives you access to the full spectrum of resources online and in-person to help you on your pathway to success! View the Alumni Career Services Staff Profiles to see who you will be meeting with according to your college, school, or major.
Additionally, as a graduate of the University of Houston you’re automatically a part of the UHAA family. There is no cost for UHAA membership. Make sure to look for your alumni card in the mail allowing you to receive all the benefits of being a UH graduate.
Benefits of your FREE semester subscription
- Access to an Alumni Career Counselor
- Access to all Career Fairs hosted by University Career Services
- Access to Career Development Workshops/Seminars
- Access to Cougar Pathway (online Job database)
- Access to On-Campus Recruitment for Alumni
- Access to online and in-person Resume Critique services
- Access to Online Career Assessment Tests
- Access to a bi-weekly Alumni CareerLink Newsletter (highlighting job opportunities, job search tools and resources)
The recent graduate subscription timeline is as follows
- (May) Spring Graduates
Free Subscription ends December 1st of that calendar year
- (August) Summer Graduates
Free Subscription ends March 1st of that calendar year
- (December) Fall Graduates
Free Subscription ends July 1st of the following calendar year
If you are past your free subscription deadline, please click here to learn about subscribing to Alumni Career Services.
Access to Cougar Pathway for Recent Graduates
Use your current log-in credentials for Access UH to schedule an appointment with an Alumni Career Counselor. Once logged in via Access UH, you will see the Cougar Pathway logo.
Benefits Offered to Recent Graduates
- Alumni Career Fairs
- Recent graduates from all majors are able to attend career fairs on campus throughout the year. Employers from various industries including Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Education, and General Business attend these events looking to connect with recent graduates and experienced alumni.
- Cougar Pathway
- A web-based job posting database consisting of ~1700 job postings. Alumni have the option to use the search criteria for targeted positions or search for all available positions posted. Jobs are posted for 30-days or until the job is filled, whichever occurs first. Employers use this database to specifically target Alumni from the University of Houston. Employers post entry-level roles all the way up to Mid-level Management, Executive, and CEO roles. This database is for all Alumni no matter where you are in your career!
- On-Campus Interviews for Alumni
- Alumni interested in interviewing with employers on campus can do so by uploading their resume online. Generally, employers who are seeking entry-level candidates use On-Campus Interviews. Recent alumni, however, are regarded by many employers as entry-level candidates. Your Alumni Career Counselor can answer any questions you may have about On-Campus Interviews.
- Career Assessments and Vocational Testing
- Whether you are a recent graduate or a seasoned professional, it is always important to reflect upon your own personal strengths and career interests. Professionally designed tests are available that can help you to better define the career choices that are right for you. We currently offer the Myers-Briggs and Strong Interest Inventory Assessments. These computerized tests may be completed on the internet and are interpreted by an Alumni Career Counselor during a counseling session.
- Coog Careers Alumni Newsletter
- Upon purchasing a subscription, an alumnus will be automatically added to the Alumni Career Services communications mailing list. You will be updated regarding hot jobs from the University Career Services' jobs database, professional development opportunities, upcoming career fairs, on campus interviews, community events, career related articles, and much more!