University Career Services is committed to bringing you the best resources available to help you in your job search. CareerShift offers the most comprehensive online resource, designed to support the # 1 request of job seekers: an easy to use web site to conduct and organize their job search.
What is it?
CareerShift’s set of tools and applications provide a very unique opportunity to job hunters. While other web services provides bits and pieces of the job hunt process, only CareerShift provides an easy-to-use approach for bringing all these parts together to crack the “hidden job market” and for managing the job hunt all in one place. With CareerShift, you can:
- Search, store & record job listings at all publically posted websites, company websites, and newspapers. Set Job alerts.
- Get inside contact information immediately, including email addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage your lists.
- Upload/ Copy and Paste as many targeted resumes and cover letters needed or upload your current documents.
- Work with Career Services to create unlimited e-mail campaigns with your saved contacts, resumes and cover letters. You can choose to send your lists to yourself for a postal campaign.
- Campaigns are automatically saved and recorded. In MY CALENDAR, you can keep notes, and set reminders for follow-ups.
- Access your confidential CareerShift account from anywhere in the United States, anytime, 24/7!
How helpful is it?
Who can use it?
CareerShift is a free resource for recent graduates at the University of Houston for one semester after graduation. Upon one semester after graduation, alumni will need to purchase a subscription to Alumni Career Services to gain access to CareerShift.
Click on the CareerShift logo below to get started in a few easy steps:
- Click sign up. Fill out required information.
- Select a security question and answer.
- Answer the human verifier question.
- Check user agreement. Click Next. Answer required questions
- Ask Alumni Career Services for the access code!