University Center Electrical Outage Update
University Center Re-Opening on Monday, February 18, 2013
UH Plant Operations, Tellepsen Construction and Capp Electric has put in a considerable amount of work on the University Center facility last week and through this weekend. The Bookstore will be re-opening in the University Center on Monday, February 18th at 10:00a.m.
We will open the reminder of the University Center beginning at 1:00p.m. on Monday, February 18th. Offices who moved to other areas of the campus will be transitioning the afternoon of Monday, February 18th.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
2/12/13 - 11:18 AM
University Center Closed This Week
The University Center experienced a significant issue with electrical power this past weekend. The initial projection is that the University Center will remain closed through the remainder of this week. The first area/service to re-open will be the Bookstore/UC First Floor (projected to be the beginning of next week), followed by the middle of next week for the offices and services on the Second Floor of the University Center.
In the interim period, offices have been re-located as follows:
- The Student Centers (including UC CARS, CreationStation and UC Administration), Center for Student Involvement and the Center for Fraternity and Sorority Life will be housed in room 1004 of the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.
- The Dean of Students Office will be housed in the Campus Recreation Suite Room 2000
- The Women’s Resource Center is being housed in the Women’s Gender Sexuality Studies Office in Agnes Arnold Room 624.
- The GLBT Resource Center is being housed in the Learning Support Services Office on the First Floor of Cougar Village.
- Veterans’ Services Office is being housed in the UH Welcome Center Room 134
- The UC Business Office is being housed in General Services Building Room 268
2/11/13 - 5:00pm
Student Centers Staff, Contract Partners and UH Offices:
An extensive review of the power situation for the University Center has been completed. The initial determination is that we have significant issues to mitigate. The priorities for the restoration have been identified as follows: 1) Life Safety and Emergency Power; 2) Bookstore Operations; 3) Second Floor Offices and Services.
The initial projection is that the University Center will remain closed through the remainder of this week. The first area/service to re-open will be the Bookstore/UC First Floor (projected to be the beginning of next week), followed by the middle of next week for the offices and services on the Second Floor of the University Center.
2/11/13 - 8:00am
An electrical outage that occured over the weekend has significantly impacted the University Center as it is without power and therefore closed until further notice.
TYPE OF OUTAGE:
- Air Handling Unit
- Chilled Water
The construction contractor, Tellepsen Builders has been onsite throughout this outage and in collaboration with the University Center Leadership and Facilities Management, is assessing the issue and developing a recovery plan for repairs and building power restoration. Further updates will be distributed as they become available.
Mei Chang, FPC Sr. Project Manager / 932-868-4618