The CDC maintains an exhaustive list of resources including BMI calculators, eating disorders, recommendations to maintaining a healthy weight, recent trends and childhood obesity.
Obesity resources from the NIH include details on all options for controlling obesity, downloadable flyers, calculators, measurement tables, diets and other specific resoruces from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Cancer Institute, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Check out obesity resources on MedlinePlus.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has some specific guidelines for doctors and parents on caobating childhood obesity, and the American Public Health Association lists some tools for parents, teachers, students, and community leaders to eliminate childhood obesity.
National Obesity Research Centers
- Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center (BNORC)
- The Minnesota Obesity Center
- The New York Obesity Research Center
- The University of Pittsburgh Obesity and Nutrition Research Center (ONRC)
- UT Obesity Research Center
- Sanford Burnham Diabetes and Obesity Research Center
- UAB Nutrition Obesity Research Center
- Johns Hopkins Center for Metabolism & Obesity Research
- PENNSTATE Center for Childhood Obesity Research