Being a Tier One Scholar brings with it a sense of pride and prestige knowing that you are among the top students of your class. Tier One Scholars are offered a generous financial assistance package, opportunity to live on campus, and access to enrichment opportunities to help them prepare for their future.
- all tuition and mandatory fees for four years of study (undergraduate studies or any combination of undergraduate plus graduate/professional studies). Note: Architecture students will receive five years of benefits.
- two years of on-campus housing and meal plan
- stipend to support Undergraduate Research
- stipend to support Study Abroad
- access to influential network of faculty and staff
- opportunities to build community among other Tier One Scholars, National Merit Scholars, and other high-achieving students
- priority registration during all enrollment periods
- enhanced academic advising through the Honors College
- guidance in competing for national and international scholarships and fellowships
Tier One Scholars are encouraged to become members of the Honors College. Honors students enjoy the best of everything – the supportive environment of a small college and the resources of a diverse university.
"I am a proud member of the Honors College, which is a significant commitment of time and effort, but extremely rewarding…the Honors College gives me an intellectual outlet and connections to students who enjoy building upper-level thinking skills and are generally fun, quirky, and unique individuals."